Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colonic hydrotherapy

Hi all,

Have anyone done colonic hydrotherapy or know of any clinics which does that in Singapore? i heard that there are 2 clinics doing that here but i cound not find further information on the clinics.
    Anybody have related information, please share, TIA

is this what i think it is? when they stick a pipe up your rectum and pump water in to drain out all the icky stuff in your colon?

Comment

Yikes Zhi, that sounds really painful!

Comment

what's this therapy for? colon cleansing?

Comment

errr.. if this is what it is, i don't think it's painful it's just mildly uncomfy. saw this programme on Discovery Channel about Detox, this man went through this colon cleansing thing. it was pretty effective. it's supposed to clean out any bacteria and leftover poo ( ) in the colon that could lead to bad colon health -> cancer.

the guy said he felt very well after the whole process. it's actually quite cool when they drain out the water from your insides, you can see bits of poo floating through the pipe system of the machine

the guy had it done @ the Hale Clinic, which is the high class detox clinic in UK.

Comment

My friend's mum had this done, and she said that she felt fantastic after that. It made her feel really healthy, and made her skin glow, spots dissappeared and tummy became much flatter and less bloated.

All the benefits sound great, but I'm still really put of my the idea or someone sticking something up my backside!

Comment

islande : i saw that program too! thats what got me interested in this colon cleansing procedure. i think its a good way to start off a detox program.

Fantasia : did your friend's mum do it in Singapore? if so is it possible to help me to get info of the clinic from her?

Comment

Sorry Wanda, I cannot help as I'm from the UK.

Hope you find somewhere though

Comment

I saw an ad in today's Straits Times Classifieds, there's a place at Tanglin shopping centre offering this but it's not being done by a doctor since the ad says it's just "medically supervised". The number to call is 6336-0504.

angie

Comment

Fantasia : oh blind me should have noticed your location, nevermind though

angie : thank you so much for the number! i will call to enquire about it
                    Last edited by wanda; 25-05-2004, 03:24 PM.

Comment

wow what a coincidence! we watched the same show. yeah i'm pretty intrigued by it myself. but i don't trust the SG standard since it's not very common...

Comment

i heard of a doctor at Tanglin shopping centre that does this. He is an MD but i'm not sure how much that helps! If the phone number doesn't work, i can ask my dad. it's a friend of his friend...

Some people rave about it. I have heard that it can cause problems. something about washing away all the good coating on your intestines too. better read up first!

if this works to clear complexion, i'll be first in line!

Comment

Yeah! There's a doc at Tanglin shopping centre who does that..I just read it recently..think it was NTUC's Lifestyle magazine.

Comment

I found out the doctor's name. He's Dr. Slyvester Yong, at Tanglin Shopping Centre.

Comment

Hey cotters, thanks for the all the information,
                              i have not called up the clinic to enquire yet, having second thoughts about it, hmmm..... ( one of my concerns is who will stick the pipe up the rectum, is it the doctor? or you will be taught to do-it-yourself?)
                              anyway if anycotters have more information or feedbacks about this particular clinic in Tanglin, please share, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X