• Show
Clear All

• cookies
    replied
    Thanks Koakuma

Leave a comment:

• Koakuma
    replied
    I think it all depends on the individual.. the nutrients are very similar. Only Eu Yan Sang's chicken essence has no caramel and it's quite 'hardcore' - meaning, it has all the herb-ish stuff.

Leave a comment:

• cookies
    replied
    I mean whether the quality differs with the brand ie is Brand's essence of chicken better than New Moon's?

Leave a comment:

• Koakuma
    replied
    Originally posted by cookies View Post
    bumping this up..hope someone can help me on this

Is there a difference between the different brands of chicken essence?
    Uhh some chicken essences contain caramel.

Leave a comment:

• vivavoomz
    replied
    what do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• cookies
    replied
    bumping this up..hope someone can help me on this

Is there a difference between the different brands of chicken essence?

Leave a comment:

• naughtygirl
    replied
    Hope you are feeling better already mango. Agree with Vonnie, if you catch a cold should take vit C to speed up recovery and drink loads of water.

chicken essence gives strength and does not really help if one catches a cold (might make it worst if you are "heaty" due to the weather or the food you have taken).

For myself, I can never take chicken essence. It never fails to make me sick. Some people have suggested that before labour one should take chicken essence at home before heading to the hospital so that one will have strength to push baby out. No way for me.

Leave a comment:

• Vonn
    replied
    I heard the same thing about not taking tonics when one is not well. Though chicken essence may not be tonics per se, I still consider it under that category since it is recommended for strengthening one's constitution kind of thing So, I will only take chicken essence just before I get a full blown flu (hoping to suppress it ) or after I have recovered just to nourish my body.

Perhaps just still to Vitamin C plus zinc to help boost your immune system now? Hope you recover fast

Leave a comment:

• natnatviv
    replied
    chicken essence?
    hmmm i believe it is quite "heaty" however different pple can take it
    when i catch a cold, i drink chicken soup, dont like the taste of chicken essence

hope u get better!

Leave a comment:

• mango
    started a topic chicken essence during illnesses?

chicken essence during illnesses?

Caught a bad cold last night, thinking of taking a bottle of chicken essence, but I've heard that chicken essence should not be taken when unwell, cause the body is weak, hence unable to handle tonics. But on the other hand, chicken essence is not a tonic but more of a supplement (doesn't contain herbs). Anyone here take chhicken essence when you're not well? Or should I wait till I'm well first?
Working...
X