Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodycombat

Hey Cotters,

Anyone of you intesively in BodyCombat lessons? Either at CF or PF?

I'm right now in the craze of BC lessons every Thurs over at Orchard CF at 8.50pm (William's class). The mood is absolutely spontenous~! Would love to hear what other opinions cotters might have

Body Combat

hi! its my absolute fav workout. i started when BC was first introduced in s'pore and have been doing it since. the various tracks ensure we never get bored. can get a high just punching with the music. i do BC on mon's lunchtime at PF, instructor is hayley.

Comment

My fav workout and great for relieving stress or frustration! Had a bad day? Just imagine your boss in front of you and kick!

angie

Comment

i did it for a couple of weeks and then i stopped

i was aching the whole of the week but hey it is really good!
        i was sweating and swearing in winter!

Comment

i've only watched from afar. the class looks very intimidating. viv, i ache from one class of yoga. i can't imagine what body combat would do to me.

Comment

mich, actually yoga is more taxing than BC
            with the stretching and all, i actually ache more with yoga than BC

but hey a good workout with u sweating it is good!

Comment

BC is a great way to destress. I love Haley's classes in PF too.

Mich,
              It's not too difficult. Some gyms have sessions for beginners 30mins before the actual class starts. Go try it, you'll be hooked.

Comment

Yeah, BC is actually a way to relieve stress. I have attended a few sessions at california. I prefer Meech or Christina on sat afternoon at orchard branch.

However, I stopped as the group gets too large and a friend who is working as a personal trainer at CF once told me that BC does not help in training and does not replace any of the much-desired cardio sessions that we should go through per week in order to burn fats.

To sum it up, its just a feel-good session as its high tempo and you actually sweat it out!It will be good as an addition workout besides your 3 times a week cardio training.

Comment

I love Christina too! But I haven't got time to attend any of her lessons, that's why I stick to William, he rocks as well. And Reno plays great tracks.

It's a great way to sweat it out, am so looking forward to it tonight.
                  Last edited by vixette; 15-07-2004, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeLeCiA

However, I stopped as the group gets too large and a friend who is working as a personal trainer at CF once told me that BC does not help in training and does not replace any of the much-desired cardio sessions that we should go through per week in order to burn fats.

To sum it up, its just a feel-good session as its high tempo and you actually sweat it out!It will be good as an addition workout besides your 3 times a week cardio training.
                    That's strange, the PF trainer told me that BC is the 2nd most intensive cardio class available after spinning which burns the most calories. However for me, I think that the effectiveness depends on the effort I put in during the class. If I give 100% it's a great workout, if I'm halfhearted I won't even break a sweat!

angie

Comment

Read from some article that it burns up to 600 calories in an hour

I think it may mean that as BC is quite a general workout, specific targets (like bum toning) will not be reached. Probably it's more of an overall workout

Comment

I love BC too! I go CF @ Orchard. Some classes, however, get too packed for my liking. I end up either kicking others or getting stepped on, so I try to go for classes not during peak hours. I don't really care if I burn calories or not, just need a feel good workout and to justify to myself I'm exercising!

Comment

BC used to be one of my fave classes! When I was still exercising regularly. Been too busy and laidback to drag my lazy bum down to the gym in the past 1 plus year though, although I keep telling myself I shld start soon!

I prefer PF for the class size as they limit no of people in the class (but I don't like having to go there an hour early to register). But my gym membership is with CF.

I personally feel that how good a workout I get depends on how hard I kick & punch. Used to love the special 2 hours BC classes that were held on holidays. Nowadays, I think I'll pant through a 30-min workout.

Comment

Originally posted by ae260
                            That's strange, the PF trainer told me that BC is the 2nd most intensive cardio class available after spinning which burns the most calories. However for me, I think that the effectiveness depends on the effort I put in during the class. If I give 100% it's a great workout, if I'm halfhearted I won't even break a sweat!

angie
                            I guess what he means is that we cannot rely on BC alone to achieve fat burn and reduction of weight. We still need to do our own cardio workouts during the week and BC is an extra boost!

Comment

I started BC a month ago and I'm hooked! Always thought the class was super intimidating what with shouting and grunting and even hooting to the music. But it's actually ok and a good workout thoguh strangely I don't get as tired as when I'm doing other classes-

I've heard that if your cardio level is good, BC won't be as challenging for you as classes with weights (bodypump-or the equivalent) or yoga. I ache alot more at modern jazz just from the warmup alone! Also depends on whether you push yourself at class I suppose

I'm at PF too!

Comment

Working...
                              X