Honey - health and beauty tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey - health and beauty tips

Quite a silly question to ask but I'll ask anyway.

I love drinking a honey drink just before bedtime, and most of the time I would have already brushed my teeth, so I'm a little lazy to brush it again after drinking. So I was just wondering, will I get tooth decay because of this?

Yes! You can get tooth decay if you don't brush your teeth after drinking the honey! My mum's a dental nurse and she told me that!

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
      I am even too lazy to walk to the kitchen...
      Maybe you could drink with a straw that delivers the drink straight into your throat instead of coming into contact with your teeth?

Comment

Gotta agree, after you brush your teeth (night time) you shouldn't be eating or drinking anything..with water being the exception

Comment

But I always brush my teeth after I shower you see... then before bedtime love to drink honey,.,..

Comment

drink some plain water right after that to wash down the remaining honey?

or eat one of those (awful!) listermints!

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
              drink some plain water right after that to wash down the remaining honey?

or eat one of those (awful!) listermints!
              Listermints also contain sugar right? If it does, then its a NO NO!
              Mints are to freshen your breath, not to prevent tooth decay! The best thing is to brush it just before you go to bed!

Comment

Don't be lazy, rinse your mouth after drinking the honey drink. For you to choose, tooth decay or rinse your mouth, your choice~ :note:

Comment

By the way, does drinking honey every night helps to improve your complexion? I will try if it does help.

Comment

Originally posted by baby_j
                    By the way, does drinking honey every night helps to improve your complexion? I will try if it does help.

I think it does for me... Don't know if it's merely psychological, but i love drinking honey anyway.

Comment

my mom swears by a tablespoon of Manuka Honey dissolved in warm water for times when she's feeling a little under the weather (but not sick yet), and when her throat is acting up.

she got me to drink some too and my throat settled down quite nicely.

Active Manuka honey in particular is reputed to have some healing and antibacterial qualities i think. Active Manuka Honey

real expensive tho!
                      Last edited by vixette; 28-04-2003, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
                        my mom swears by a tablespoon of Manuka Honey dissolved in warm water for times when she's feeling a little under the weather (but not sick yet), and when her throat is acting up.

she got me to drink some too and my throat settled down quite nicely.

Active Manuka honey in particular is reputed to have some healing and antibacterial qualities i think. Active Manuka Honey

real expensive tho!
                        I drink Manuka honey too. A small tub cost me $25 at GNC. Previously I was drinking this Royal Jelly in honey from GNC. Really good! I liked the taste better too, but liked it so much I finish one big tub(I think 500g) within 2 months and each tub cost $95..... After 2 tubs I told myself I must wait for my birthday in Dec(40% discount) before I can afford more!

Comment

Honey ~ Which brand is good ?

Hi gers !

Do u know of any good brands of Honey ?

I'm interested to get a good brand of Honey to drink on a daily basis. Kindly recommend if you know of some good brands.

Does Mark & Spencer sell honey btw ?

Comment

Thanxs for the fast reply sky

How much do the one from Taka B2 cost ?

I reckon that if i were to drink this everyday.. i must get something good but not too expensive.

Comment

i know the popular New Zealand one is Manuka Honey. Prettu expensive though abt $45 /kg if im not wrong. I usually take a spoonful whenever i feel like i'm going to get sore throat. And it always works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X