Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constipated!

hi,
    Anybody got anyway that can help for constipation?

Here's what I can think of:

- eat more fruits
    - eat more veggies
    - drink more water
    - eat yogurt regularly
    - take laxatives
    - get an enema

Comment

Prune juice is a good for constipation.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
        get an enema
        Just curious....what is an enema

Comment

Enema is a fluid which is administered to the lower part of the rectum via the anus. Its main function is the irritate the rectum and the lower part of the big intestines so that it brings about bowel movement. There is usually a long tip for insertion into the anus to help deliver the fluid in

I apologise if there is too much information here, but I don't know how to put it even simpler with all the facts in

Comment

IC IC

Thanks Dear...

Comment

Originally posted by mango
              Here's what I can think of:

- eat more fruits
              - eat more veggies
              - drink more water
              - eat yogurt regularly
              - take laxatives
              - get an enema
              i wont really encourage the use of the last 2 options

first your body may become too dependant on laxatives and you find that you cant 'go' without using them

as for enema, personally i'm quite freaked out by the idea, and i think if its not done properly, you may hurt your rectum

i advocate drinking more water and eating more fruits

Comment

Nuts might be your answer (e.g. brazil nuts, and not the roasted and flavoured ones as they are heaty)!! Eat at least a handful a day, as it seems to help oil the digestive system. It works rather like a natural laxative, but also has nutrional benefits too

Somebody recommended Prune Juice earlier, that gets another thumbs up from me.

Also, take probiotic capsuals which can help with your digestion. You can buy these from health shops.

And to reiterate another point, make sure you top up loads more on your fruit and veg, this can really help. But remember, your intake has to significantly increased. If your having veg, raw or steamed is the best
                Last edited by Fantasia; 15-08-2004, 09:13 PM.

Comment

errr actually yoga is good for u
                  i used to have constipation probs, although i drink buckets of water and eats lots of fruits and vegs

someone did mentioned the "qi" (wind???) is not enough so yoga will help!

Comment

i'm suffering from constipation too..
                    Without the chinese medicine that i'm taking, i can't even go to the toilet for 1 wk or more.. stomach very bloated and uncomfortable
                    Drinking prune juice, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, laxatives don't work either... wondering what's wrong with me

Comment

one of my friend has constipation..
                      i force her to eat papaya which she used to hate alot.. and heard it helps for her.. after drinking/eating papaya, she goes to the toilet for big business more often then in the past..

Comment

Yep, papaya will definitely help. Surprisingly, green tea (no sugar) works for me. I use 1 sachet for 2-3 cups per day.

Comment

If you girls permanently suffer from digestive/bowel problems for no apparent reason, you may have IBS - irritable bowel syndrome. Basically, it means your bowels/intestines are ultra-sensitive and over-react to certain things. This would result in you getting diarrhea/constipation, wind, stomach pains...

You might want to try reading up on this if all the conventional remedies arent working.

Comment

bananas + papaya is good plus my mum's fruit juices really make me rush to the toilet (in a good way )

Comment

Try peppermint tea. It helps with digestion and reduces bloat!
                              green tea helps to speed up metabolism too and i find it helps with digestion too!

Comment

Working...
                              X