Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Detox Programmes

Hellooo,

Anyone has tried DIY detoxing at home?? Like 3 days kind?

I was advised to try it out since i've not done it in my entire life. So it's time to clean my system!

Anyone has great recipes to share? Fruits and vege recipes only..

Thanx!

Hi cherie,
    I've never tried before so can't share any recipes But here's a website that's quite popular for detox. I'd suggest you find more information before you start since if done wrongly it can do harm to your health.

Comment

Many many thanks pretty panda !

Comment

Dearie, you don't really need recipes to detox. You just need to:

-stay clear from all processed and sweetened/salted/seasoned food (burgers, bread, pasta, tidbits, sweetened drinks, fine sugar, cornflakes, all out!)

-eat ONLY whole foods, meaning food that has not been processed in a any way: like fruits, whole grains, vegetables, hardboiled eggs.

-drink ALOT of water to flush out all the toxins

-eat up to 8 servings of fruits and veggies a day. If you have to eat grains, eat small amounts of wholegrains that are unpolished, like brown rice.

If your normal diet consists of alot of processed food, don't be in too much of a hurry to to a fruits-n-veggie-only detox diet, you'll end up feeling sick. Start slow but stretch it for at least 2 weeks, 3 days of detox will not make a big diff to your health in the long run anyway and could shock your system.

Before I got preggie I was on a detox diet for a while and did quite abit of self-research for health reasons, let me know if I can offer my $0.02's.

Comment

Please don't do fruits-only or something that extreme kind of detoxing IF YOU HAVE GASTRITIS/ stomach ulcers etc. Do the milder solid ones. A gf of mine enbarked on some detox despite knowing she had gastric problems... OUCH repercussions. I asked her what on earth she was thinking

Comment

Expressions Detox Kit

Hi Cotters,

Have anyone tried the Expressions Detox Kit available from Guardian Pharmacy retailing at $199?

Regards,

Grace

Comment

Actually the detox kit is quite a rip-off! I went for Expression's slimming programme before and got introduced to the detox kit. Being the cheapskate I am, I just took the booklet and went home to analyze it.

Actually you can mix everything at home. You'll need:
              Maple syrup (preferably from an organic store with no added sugar)
              Two lemons
              Distilled water (no mineral water pls! Distilled only)
              Multivitamins

Squeeze out the lemon juice into a large water bottle, add two tablespoons of syrup and ~ 1 litre of distilled water. Shake/mix well and that's it! If you can't take the sourness you can add more maple syrup.

Drink that whenever the hunger pangs strike. You can drink normal boiled water when you're thirsty. Eat the multivitamins to make up for the loss of nutrients from food. If you must eat something then have an apple.

Repeat for 3 days. Cost < $50 incl vitamins

Comment

wow! it sounds rather logical to me. i think the suspense they kept was the
                "multivitamins pills". how large a bottle do u mean as large?

Comment

Like Medusa said earlier on, it's not a good idea to go on a fruits/veg only extreme detox. A proper detox shouldn't actually make you painfully hungry or give you other food cravings.

Smoothies and juices are beneficial when accompanied with a healthy and natural diet to give you that extra nutrient boost. If you'd like to adopt drinking smoothies/juices in the long term, try having them at least 3 times a week.

I bought a detox cookbook called "You Are What You Eat Cookbook" and it's got some smoothie and juice concotions on there. I'll post them on here when I get home!

Comment

Oh Fantasia, would love the recipes. I'm so mad for smoothies now, and healthy smoothies is even better.

Comment

Smoothie Ideas

As promised, here are some fruit smoothie recipes! I?m afraid I haven?t tried these ones out as I?m still waiting to get a chance to buy a food blender! Please have a try and let me know of your favourite ones! I will try and post the veg and fruit juices some other time. Anyway, enjoy!!

(with all of them, blend until creamy and then serve! Each should be able to serve 1 or 2 people.)

Mango Mania
                      (this is meant to be good for getting your bowels going)

Blend the following ingredients together:
                      1 large mango, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
                      2 bananas, peeled and roughly chopped

Then pour the smoothie over a handful of blueberries or raspberries

Pineapple Prize

1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
                      Half a pineapple, peeled and chopped

Berry Blaster

Blend the following until smooth and creamy:
                      1 large or 2 small bananas

Then pour over a handful of blueberries to serve

Peach Medley

4 peaches, stoned and quartered
                      2 ripe pears, cored and roughly chopped
                      1 apple, cored and roughly chopped

Add to this 120ml of water, and blend with the rest of the ingredients until creamy

Berry Beauty

2 handful of strawberries
                      1 large mango or 2 small mangoes, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped

Vitamin C Cocktail

1 pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
                      2 handful of strawberries

Then pour over a handful of blueberries or raspberries to serve

Pear Perfection

6 ripe pears, cored and roughly chopped
                      (add little water if the consistency is too thick)
                      Last edited by Fantasia; 01-04-2005, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Great fruit smoothies recipes, Fantasia! i have been cracking my head every lunch time on what to drink. Will ask for mango with banana next lunch!
                        Wanna try pineapple prize too.

May i check if milk is ok during detox ?

Comment

detox product from Hong Kong

If there's any gals out there who read HK magazines like MORE, you would be familar with this particular product that is for detox, Not really sure about teh brand but there's 2 kinds. One for 5 days and the other version is for longer duration.

I tried the 5 days one. Feel sick on day 3 and it gives me headache from time to time. sigh. Anyone out there who has tried this before?

Comment

Originally posted by poem
                            May i check if milk is ok during detox ?

Hi Poem

I'm not too sure on this one, but I've heard that cows milk can be hard for humans to digest properly. You can try out alternatives such as soya or rice milk which are nutritious too.

Comment

sorry i forgot to follow-up on this thread!!! :Doh:

brandedcarrie => just need a bottle large enough to contain 1L of water

I read somewhere that its okay to feel abit giddy during detox. Cos apparently the toxins are being flushed out from your organs into your bloodstream so that the kidney can excrete it as waste.

Another reason (more scientific one) is that your blood glucose levels drop drastically when you detox cos you don't eat real food, hence the headaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X