Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insect Bites!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insect Bites!!!

    I have been bitten by insect similar to sandflies in Indonesia... a kind of bug actually...doctor there and manage to get some creams to heal them, alas the creams have finished in Indonesia and im now left with nothing in Spore except tea tree oil which supposed to dry them but apparantly the poison is too strong for the oil... sob my legs look so ugly now... can some1 help me if they know any miracle cream to cure them... they look so disgusting... boohoo

  • #2
    Do you have raw honey? If you do, try dabbing on on the bites- has natural antiseptic and anti-bacteria properties, very good for bites. Or how about dettol cream? Usually works well for me when I get bites.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've one too!!! And antibiotics reduced the swelling but the dark patch and sometimes the itch is still there! I heard that most creams don't work that well...so I really dont know what to do. I hope you find some solution soon too!

      Stupid Flies

      Comment


      • #4
        If your legs are not completely healed, you should see a doctor.

        If you are just concern about the scars, try using a body scrub more diligently on the area. It works but don't expect instant results.

        Comment


        • #5
          They still swell and itch like no tomorrow... Pixash, i know what you mean... even they seem to heal, time and time again they still itch like mad !!!!

          I have been to numerous doctors last time when i gotten my sandfly bites last time and they took ages to heal and left my legs wth v ugly black marks... i hope to find a good doctor and have them heal once and for all... too much creams will burn the skin (that's what happen when i went to so many doctors and they gave me different creams and LT usage of them result to ugly legs....)I sound so desperate now...

          I feel so sad now.....

          Comment


          • #6
            i was thinking.....how abt trying a body scrub and a whitening moisturiser or peel off whitening mask?? i know it sounds neurotic...but maybe those whitening products we use on our faces may work on your marks...

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe you can try Anti-Itch Moisturising Lotion(contains natural colloidal oatmeal which is very good for sensitive skin) from the NIKS shop. It's actually for ezcema skin, but I use it for everything... and it helps to reduce the itchiness.

              And the lotion cost less than $18 for 250ml, cheap and effective.

              Niks shop is at Novena Square 4th floor.

              Comment


              • #8
                i have problems with bed bug bites
                i tried sleeping in a different room, on a different bed. changed my blanket and pillows but i still get bites. its so red, huge swollen and very very itchy *argh* i went to the doctor to get cream but it doesn't seem to help. i also want to find some cream that can curb the itchiness and don't cause scars. thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  i have lots of black marks on my legs does anyone know what can i used to remove them. i have trying many creams for years but all doesn't lighten now i have just bought one $89 cream one my friend tried & said works on her hope it really works & i can wear skirts coz i am afraid to let others see & have not been wearing skirt since secondary.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clover
                    i have problems with bed bug bites
                    i tried sleeping in a different room, on a different bed. changed my blanket and pillows but i still get bites. its so red, huge swollen and very very itchy *argh* i went to the doctor to get cream but it doesn't seem to help. i also want to find some cream that can curb the itchiness and don't cause scars. thanks

                    Hi i also have the same problem when i am staying at my house but now i am staying at my hubby house i won't have it anymore because his mum keeps the house very clean & she vaccum the bed every 2 weeks before changing bedsheets. So the vaccum really helps...She uses a vaccum purposely for vaccuming bed bugs & dirt. Sometimes when my legs are itchy & i want to stop the itch i used a cream called Univate Cream can be found at clinics. Hope what i have suggested helps.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am also prone to insect bite...
                      Therefore got this moisturiser which claim to have anti insects bite with my friend's help.
                      it works very well for me... i remembered going to Pierce reservoir to take wedding pic without getting any mosq bite...
                      Yeah!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nitaya87
                        i have lots of black marks on my legs does anyone know what can i used to remove them. i have trying many creams for years but all doesn't lighten now i have just bought one $89 cream one my friend tried & said works on her hope it really works & i can wear skirts coz i am afraid to let others see & have not been wearing skirt since secondary.
                        wad's de brand of cream that u bought for $89? Is it effective? cos I haven't been wearing skirts more than 5 times since sec sch days due to scars as well..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hee... the one i bot to lighten the scar is S$73.90.... effective to lighten my 3-4 years old patches within a week! Super product.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            so it helps to prevent mosquito bites and helps to lighten and it's a moisturizer? wow! haha. sounds like what i'm looking for.

                            is it the same thing - whitening essence, as u mentioned in another thread?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by leetlelove
                              so it helps to prevent mosquito bites and helps to lighten and it's a moisturizer? wow! haha. sounds like what i'm looking for.

                              is it the same thing - whitening essence, as u mentioned in another thread?
                              Hi leetle love

                              thats right! moist that can help prevent moist bites... this is diff from the essence.The essence I use to clear my ecz patches (the 5 cents and 10 cents coin ).
                              The moist i use whenever I places where I foresee for mosq bites

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X