Lose the muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose the muscle

im quite skinny. recently i've been exercising a lot and even took up a sport. i even gained 2kg. however my body is still the same as in i didnt grow any fatter. so i assume its my muscles which caused the 2kg gain? but i want to retain my previous weight. i really dont wish to have muscles. is there anyway i can lose my muscles weight?

Muscle help you burn fat and increase your metabolism rate, you'll look terrible and feel really weak if you have no muscles at all.

Comment

you shouldnt be so hung up about your weight, muscles weigh more than fats

its better to have a nice toned body to wear the clothes you want rather than a weight you like but untoned body which you cant show off

Comment

Actually the muscles cause the weight gain for some people, so don't panic about it. You actually look better without losing weight, as your body is all toned up rather than having wobbly fats.

You mentioned you gain 2 kg? Perhaps, it also due to the fact that when you start to have a exercise regime, you tend to eat more at the start so that your body can get energy. Subsequently, you should have cut down on food intake, so there should not be any further increase in weight.

Comment

Actually taking up a sport can make one gain weight sometimes cos after a swim or game of tennis, many go for food!!!

A little bit of muscles can be nice because you will look toned. But once you developed those muscles and do not keep up with your physical activity (sports), they will sadly turned into fats. Which is why when people go to gym and train its very important to know what you are doing. Have you seen muscle man who stop training? They all end up looking fat.

Comment

lose the muscle

halloo..
            i used to be very active in sports like kayaking and x-country so i built up quite a lot of muscles, especially in the arms and shoulders and also in the thighs. but now i look at myself n feel like a guy, so bulky and squarish.
            i'm not too tall and used to have a pretty small frame so i'm hoping to go back to that size, any idea how to lose the muscle mass??
            plsss help.. i look so boyish in all the skirts and tank tops...

Comment

From what i know, its pretty hard to lose muscles. Unless you don't work them, diet, gradually you would lose them? That's what my cousin told me though. Heh, so correct me if i'm wrong!

But having a toned-up bod isn't too bad, really..

Comment

you can reshape your muscles. I used lift free weights and developed quite muscular thighs and arms. i actually lost the bulk by accident when I went for my honeymoon. We had a really active holiday - cycling almost everyday in Laos and an ecoadventure trip in Northern Thailand that involved long treks and mountain biking and when I got home, I was amazed to see that my legs were toned and at the same time, the bulk in the front of the thighs had disappeared. So I guess the same principle - sustained exercise without heavy weights - might help you.

Yoga might help too - now that I do ashtanga yoga regularly, I can see my muscles becoming more long and lean rather than large and bulky - love it!

Comment

thanks gajahgirl. been wanting to learn yoga for sometime too. I'll finally get the time to after my exams end. so where did you pick up yoga from?

Comment

I used to do kayaking/dragonboating back in JC, training 3,4 times a week also made me bulk up heaps. However once I stopped after JC, the muscles gradually went away.

Comment

babyflite, do you still engage in strenuous exercises these days?

I think i tend to build up muscle mass pretty easily for a girl. and to top it all off I'm not too tall either.
                      so I was hoping yoga might be a good combi of both sufficient exercise and toning. have yet to check out pilates but I might consider it as well..

Comment

Unfortunately no. I used to dance heaps but have not been dancing much the past few years. Now it's just the occasional gym/pilates session. I wish I was as fit as I used to be back in JC!

Comment

yea its just so hard to keep up with regular exercise with all the work that keeps piling on. then again, I do know of people who wake up really early to hit the gym before work.
                          anw, which type of dance did you do?

its my exam period now and I'm starting to feel unfit already. my life only consists of eating, studying and sleeping, and in that particular order. tell me how I'm supposed to stay healthy.. ugh!

Comment

Threadmill caused bigger calf muscles?

Please those actually experienced this, share with me ok? I was runing on the threadmill for 20min three times for two weeks and had stopped since cos I did find my calf muscle became bigger. To start with, my calf muscles is not really those skinny ones but not big enough that people will comment about it. I really regretted it.
                            Last edited by superBum; 17-07-2005, 12:14 AM.

Comment

try brisk walking on incline..maybe that will help and monitor your heartrate, to lose weight if i'm not wrong it's 70% of your normal heart rate anything more den tt is cardio.. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X