Tongue Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongue Scraper

i saw one selling at watsons and its recommended by doctors. has anyone tried this?

btw i have heard tales about the dangers of using a tongue scraper. anyone supports/kicks this claim?

Well, the squeegee type tongue scrapers can cut the tongue and introduce infection. The recommended way to get rid of dirt on the tongue is by brushing. If there's alot of buildup you need to get a special solution from the dentist that loosens it before you can get rid of it. But usually brushing works. Never had a problem. Alot of people don't realize that halitosis or bad breath comes from the bacteria buildup on the tongue, and in between the teeth. So correct flossing procedures and keeping the tongue clean is essential for great oral hygiene.

Comment

Alot of people don't realize that halitosis or bad breath comes from the bacteria buildup on the tongue, and in between the teeth. ==> this is true for girls interested in a 2nd opinion. I've read articles on this and supported by my dentist too.

i am interested in this special solution u mention. what is the name & price? must it be prescribed?

Comment

I think it's some kind of solvent - I've only seen it used in the US but here's an Aussie website that has more info http://www.freshbreath.com.au/

HTHS.

Comment

Yes i agree too but there is no need for a solution imo, I say just brush your tougue and then rinse with a mouthwash. That should do the trick.

Comment

second brushing; my mom has been using a tongue scraper for as long as i remember but it seems more like a torture equipment and from my experience, it's way too easy to overdo the scraping and have your tongue feel 'raw'. so i would say - brush

Comment

i using oral care and i think it really help.

Comment

I use my electric toothbrush on gentle mode, and some toothpaste which seems to do the trick. However, I must have really sensitive reflexes because it makes me wanna gag sometimes!

Comment

I have been using a plastic tongue scraper and i think it works fine on me. It makes cleaning the mouth complete.

The plastic one is not as harsh as the metal one and i think it could hardly cause any injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia However, I must have really sensitive reflexes because it makes me wanna gag sometimes!
                    I was beginning to think that I was the only one with this problem until I read your thread. I can't bear to brush more than 1/3 of the tongue, any further and I feel like :puke: Same for my SO.

ps: what's HTHs? Here's to health?

Comment

I've been using the tongue scraper for as long as I can remember. It started from my grandma, I use it outta curiosty and got hook cos I realize my mouth doesn't stink after brushing, U know those morning brush when U just woke up, sometimes still stink.

But I'm using the metal type..initially when I start to use it, I tends to overdo it and cause bleeding, but now I only scrap 3 times and stop, so not to overdo it, and no problems since. I also force my bf to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by polo
                        I can't bear to brush more than 1/3 of the tongue, any further and I feel like :puke:
                        same too!! :wow:

Comment

I'm using the metal type, I usually scrape about 3 times & stop.

Comment

I'm using one! The metal one. My mommy uses it everyday all her life and I started on it a couple of years back. No problems with cutting or over-scraping at all. Best of all, no stink-o mouth/breath!

Comment

i would :puke: too if i stick toothbrush further along tongue... heehee.

Comment

Working...
                              X