Over-the-counter medication for Eczema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over-the-counter medication for Eczema

Since young i have eczema and it comes back when i don't apply cream. All along i go to the doctor for steroid creams like Dermasone, but that's too troublesome at times.

Any recommendations for an effective over-the-counter medication that is not so expensive, say below $20? Thank you!

Eczema

Originally posted by ysyishan View Post
    Since young i have eczema and it comes back when i don't apply cream. All along i go to the doctor for steroid creams like Dermasone, but that's too troublesome at times.

Any recommendations for an effective over-the-counter medication that is not so expensive, say below $20? Thank you!
    I've got cloderm and fusidin from one of my family doc, seriously speaking, it took one week to clear all the itch and after that, I did lots of moisturizing. I guess many pp will tell u to moisturize and moisturize, that's the key....the best to keep eczema at bay is to moisturize directly after bathing. Do so after u have put on the steroid cream...

Btw, I hate seeing doc too, but sadly speaking, most steroid creams can only be bought with a prescription, and fyi, even if u have a friend who is a doc, he/she will definitely not be able to give u a prescription to get steroid cream....See a doc!

Comment

Thank you for your advice Will go see a doc soon.

Originally posted by ecoli View Post
      I've got cloderm and fusidin from one of my family doc, seriously speaking, it took one week to clear all the itch and after that, I did lots of moisturizing. I guess many pp will tell u to moisturize and moisturize, that's the key....the best to keep eczema at bay is to moisturize directly after bathing. Do so after u have put on the steroid cream...

Btw, I hate seeing doc too, but sadly speaking, most steroid creams can only be bought with a prescription, and fyi, even if u have a friend who is a doc, he/she will definitely not be able to give u a prescription to get steroid cream....See a doc!

Comment

I use Cetaphil cream. Moisturising helps to stop the itch and the dryness.

Comment

Working...
        X