Stay Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Alert!

Been seeing those adverts everywhere. Ranging from orange efferversence tablets to colourful pills; anyone took those supplements claiming to help you stay alert and focused yet?

I'm really having trouble concentrating and staying AWAKE in classes, I really don't want to OD on caffeine too, so I was wondering if these supplements would be a better choice?

Any recs for brands? TIA!

Chicken BRANDS essence keeps me stay alert most of the time during examination periods.

How about Benedict DOM?

I remembered an ex-colleague who bought peppermint essential oil for me to try. It helps to keep me awake at times when I almost fell asleep in the office.

Also, my MIL once made a cup of honey for me to try. I don't know what brand it is but it costs a hundred plus dollars and more.

Do let me know if you find one that works.

Comment

Take gingko. I think it helps to keep mind alert.

Comment

yeah Gingko is good. my bf took gingko and now he can remember what i tell most of the time....last time it was like good excuse to say he has bad memory...used to quarrel a lot of things... now better...

Comment

IIRC, Blackmores has an "Executive B" supplement which helps to keep one more alert. Can check out at Guardian.

Comment

Ooohh, Gingko? Does it come in a capsule form or?

My mom says Manuka honey is good, but apparently it doesn't work specifically to concentration.

'Executive B'! Hmmmm, never heard of that one, is that like Vit B complex?

Comment

Originally posted by redpetal
              Ooohh, Gingko? Does it come in a capsule form or?

My mom says Manuka honey is good, but apparently it doesn't work specifically to concentration.

the gingko my bf took is in capsule form.

Comment

I read before in a health magazine that having an apple in the morning is actually more effective in helping you stay awake than drinking a cup of coffee!

Comment

Haha, I eat that but its only a sugar rush!
                  Fades after say 30mins.

Comment

Ginseng powder. Used to take that during exam times.

Comment

Originally posted by redpetal
                      Sorry for my late reply...

yep, Executive B consists of mostly Vit B which helps to fight stress & maintain alertless. But it is heaty though ~ got to drink lots of water if u are taking that.

Comment

Oh okays!
                        Will probably pop by GNC to check that one out, thanks!

And for all the help, thanks girls!

Comment

suck 1-2 thin slices of raw ginseng like a sweet.

or keep snacking! It works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by melody80
                            consists of mostly Vit B which helps to fight stress & maintain alertless. But it is heaty though ~ got to drink lots of water if u are taking that.
                            I rarely had time to drink water when I am working. So Executive B is out.

Originally posted by reiepl
                            yeah Gingko is good. my bf took gingko and now he can remember what i tell most of the time....
                            How about Gingko? Any special thing to take note?

Comment

Pills to keep you AWAKE!

Hi, can anyone recommend any pills to take/buy to keep oneself from dozing off/napping/sleeping in the day? My work is affected during the day. Pls don't ask me to sleep more in the night as I would love to if possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X