Nutritional Value of the Food We Eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutritional Value of the Food We Eat

hi! Does anyone know the nutritional value of sting ray? Thing is, I LOVE BBQ sting ray! But the bf don't like! But I know, if I tell this health freak of mine all the good nutritional stuff about sting ray, he will eat more often! haha! Anyone knows? Could not find any googled information about sting ray. Seems very much like a Singaporean/Asian dish.

good one! any nutritionist out there?

if high protein diet can help to lose weight, does that mean that eating stingray will help to loose weight?!?!

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Comment

Penang laksa, LORMee or Lontong, Fattening?

my colleague told me that these 3 dishes are actually quite low in total calories..i always thought that they are rather high in fats since penang laksa n lontong are "curry based" dishes and LORmee sauce is made of flour..

i like to eat all thses 3 kind of food, just worried the high calories that will make me put on weight

any comments?

Comment

ok... I mange to dig out some figures from somewhere, but can't remember where...

1g fat=9Cal

lo.r mee ~ 11g fat /serving, "1 serving" I guess is more or less what you get from hawker centers in general
        Penang laksa ~ 2g fat/serving
        Longtong ~ no idea

Comment

its their gravy that is fattening. Just don't drink it and the calories should be quite at its min.

Comment

stingray is high in protein just like most other fishes... but the method of cooking is the fattening one. like the ones you get at newton is high in fat, and the malay type is high in saturated fat because of the curry and everything. but if you take like boiled/steamed stingray i guess it'd be fine!

Comment

i read about protein-only diet before. its called atkins diet. i think in order to loose weight with stingray protein, you have to stick to only eating protein. no carbohydrates or other stuff like fruits and veggies. can only eat meat, fish, chicken, eggs etc. no rice or noodles either. but this is not a healthy diet. although it works fast, it can lead to kidney failure as the overly high amount of protein can overstrain the liver. don't try it.

Originally posted by amber
              good one! any nutritionist out there?

if high protein diet can help to lose weight, does that mean that eating stingray will help to loose weight?!?!

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Comment

how abt biscuits ? r they fattening?those plain ones,digestive ones

Comment

Working...
                X