Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endoscopy

Hello guys!!

I posted this on fp but didnt receive many responses.
    Okay, I've been thinking whether to go for endoscopy because i'm not feeling well and my stomach is giving me a lot of problems (;_. I had alrdy seen many doctors but no improvement. It has been like this on and off for almost a year. The thing is i'm actually afraid of endoscopy and i know some doctors may or may not put you into sleep first. I also have phobia of IV needle which kind of makes me even more nervous. Have any of you done endoscopy before and where? What sort of anesthesia do they provide? I hope you can share with me your experience. (>_<")

Thank you so much!!

Hi, I can understand your anxiety. I have not done endoscope before but a close friend of mine had done it before so I can share with you what she had told me. Same thing, she started off with some unexplained stomach cramp for years and finally she agreed to go for endoscopy. She told me that she was put under anaesthetic and the doctor simply told her to breathe hard and after taking a few breathe, she fell asleep. I supposed she has been given laughing gas (sound like it). The procedure was quite fast and after a while she was awake. Her result turn out to be ok. Doctor said the cramp was due to stress. So do not be afraid to ask the doctor on how the procedure is done. I know that usually they will provide anaesthesia to this kind of procedure. Go and speak to the doctor and get your problems cured. Do not delay. Sometimes, small problem is easier to fix. Don't wait till it becomes big problem.

Comment

I just went for it.
      With Dr Desmond Wai: Desmond Wai Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases Centre
      I was sleeping throughout the procedure.
      The doctor is a very friendly and cheerful man. ^^

Comment

I just went for it.
        With Dr Desmond Wai: Desmond Wai Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases Centre
        I was sleeping throughout the procedure.
        The doctor is a very friendly and cheerful man. ^^

Comment

i did it in June too. there's no pain at all, dont worry. i strongly suggest that you go for it, dont hesitate any longer. better to find out the reason for the pain earlier than later. For better or for worse, at least you know what your next step will be, rather continue to worry. Go for it gal, be strong. Wish you speedy recovery!

Comment

Working...
          X