Playing Squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Squash

Does anyone knows where can I take lessons or rather a short course on it??

I remembered SSC used to conduct lessons for beginners for the "Learn to Play" scheme but that is now defunct already......

Bumping up an old thread!

I am interested in taking up squash, any regular players here?

Do I need to find a coach, or I can just play and learn by myself?

Comment

Hey I'm currently attending a squash beginner course at safra toa payoh. $70 for members and $80.25 for non members for the 5 sessions.

Comment

Cool!

How many times do you attend in a week?

How big is the class?

Comment

Once a week. haha. My class has 6 people. It's 6 pple max (:

Comment

Oic.. Can I have more details on the schedule?

1 instructor for all 6 of you? Able to catch up?
            How about the racquet?

Comment

I go every sunday 3pm. Supposed to be 1.5h long only but the coach stretches it till 6pm I personally think 6 people is just nice. Coz certain stuff requires individual practice ***. Racquet u gotta get one yourself but I guess might as well if u are going to cont playing after the course. Get a cheap one la

Comment

Are there a mixture of guys and girls?
                I'm quite a slow learner, dunnoe if I will slow them down.

By the way, where did you get your squash racquet?
                What is the average price range?

Comment

well i have learnt squash under my sch's squash club.

Personally i think that if u have no intention of competing in any match, u dun have to go for formal teaching. U can always learn from others who are squash players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingly View Post

I got my racquet set with 2 balls and goggles from Kallang Squash Centre at $80. i'm not sure if they are still selling at this price. Roughly one cost $80-120

Comment

Originally posted by Jingly View Post

Yep mixture of guys and girls. U *** slow anyone down la, it's a fun and relaxed atmosphere!

Comment

Anyone still playing squash?

I'm looking for someone to teach me as I'm a total beginner. Checked some of the 1-to-1 coaching rates, it's like $60 per hour.. too ex for me..

Anyone know of any better rates or places where they have group lessons? I know Safra has one but it seems like no class is starting soon.

Comment

Oh ahahah i played squash for my sch last time ^^

Its really a fun sport , basically the most important is your ball sense , if you can play badminton averagely , you probably can pick up squash pretty fast too !!

Sad to say i broke all my 3 rackets =.=

Comment

oh! haha, 3 rackets? that's alot! so you've stopped playing already?

The last time i played badminton was in Sec school.. I prefer squash though. hehe..

Comment

Yeap stopped playing , its hard to squeeze in the time to even head down to a court to play !! Haha breaking rackets is easy , a simple knock on the wall would cause your racket to crumble into two .

If you have a friend living in a condominium , its better to ask if there is a squash court available , normally usage is low which would result in a squash court which is not as run down as those at the various safra clubs .

And if you are just starting out playing squash , best is not to buy any rackets above the weight of 150 , and definitely not those which feel like you are holding a heavy metal bar in your hands , your wrists will probably get damaged over time without the correct hand movements .

And for the balls , go for a blue or red dot ball . Both of these kind of balls have a much bigger bounce compared to the white or yellow dot . It helps because you would not want to see the ball dying and rolling on the floor without having the chance to hit it right

Comment

Working...
                              X