Drinking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking!

I was just wondering, I always turn really luminous red after consuming alcohol, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I always thought it meant that my blood circulation was good and I was quite happy about that, till my friend told me that it was actually due to my body not having enough enzymes to digest alcohol as fast as normal people, and thus, not a good thing!

Which one is true? Cause if the latter is, then well, its about time I think of cutting down on drinking, no?

I would like to know as well, although I think it's more to do with the latter? Anyway even though I can hold my liquor pretty well, I also get red after just one drink.

Comment

My fiance told me that is good ,your body is healthy no problem , my fiance work as the dialysis doctor and dialysis technician , drink can clean some dirty in your body but not too much.

Comment

interesting

what i found:

Many people get a red facial blush when they drink even relatively small amounts of alcohol. Alcohol causes the very tiny blood vessels in the skin to dilate, bringing red blood closer to the surface. This phenomenon is especially common in Asians, with about 50 percent of Asians experiencing this reaction to alcohol. The reason is genetic; those affected have an inactive form of the enzyme needed to break down alcohol's main byproduct, acetaldehyde. The higher levels of acetaldehyde can also cause other symptoms including nausea, dizziness, and headaches.

drinking cleans the blood, wow i didnt know that?

Comment

Yea, I always wondered why asian people can't handle their drinks!

I get all red and dizzy just after a couple of sips and my caucasian friends think I'm faking it!

Comment

I am one of those who can't hold alcohol well. my face & neck will turn red like cooked lobsters or crabs.

Comment

Same here - i get really red and bloodshot eyes just after half bottle of beer.
              Ive a lousy threshold for alcohol - i'd get light-headed on just that alone.

Comment

my experience is......drink 4 glasses of red wine during wedding dinner.......while i feel my eyes a bit heavy, my sis actually asked me how come nothing shows on my face.....

maybe i too yellow.....= =

Comment

Haha, thing is, just like babyflite, I think I can hold my liquor better than my pale-faced friends, but I always get red after just half a pint of beer! Everyone thinks I'm drunk but I'm perfectly sober!

Comment

i always feel sleepy after drinking!
                    then wont have mood to dance
                    but if no alcohol, wont have the high effect to dance also
                    how?

Comment

yeah i get red easily too. i think at least we will know our limit as everyone will think we've had enough!
                      hahaha...

Comment

I also get a reaction easily. 1 glass of red wine or 1 can of beer will do the job.

Comment

It is not a good thing. Saw in the TV plus my mum advice. said body not so suitable for alcohol.My reaction is immediate.If i intake more than half of beer for e.g., i would have diificulty in breathing. And the redness would slowly flood throughout my body. so would try 2 stay clear of liquer.

Originally posted by redpetal
                          I was just wondering, I always turn really luminous red after consuming alcohol, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I always thought it meant that my blood circulation was good and I was quite happy about that, till my friend told me that it was actually due to my body not having enough enzymes to digest alcohol as fast as normal people, and thus, not a good thing!

Which one is true? Cause if the latter is, then well, its about time I think of cutting down on drinking, no?

Comment

Does anyone drink every night? I'm starting to think that I'm a alcoholic cos i drink every night - a few mugs of feer or 1/3 bottle of red wine...

Comment

I don't think I am a alcoholic yet but I do drink most of the time. Sometimes is to get myself to sleep. I will not turn red, I will turn pale.

Comment

Working...
                              X