Mouth Ulcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouth Ulcers

I bit my lips yest... and now it has one huge ulcer... Any idea how to cure or lessen the pain? Salt sugar?

Traditional old wives tale, put salt on the wound. But I prefer to use Bonjela. It's a small blue tube where you can apply the contents on the ulcer itself. My dad's got a prescription from a doctor which works pretty well too. I have to check out the name.

Comment

What's a Bonjela?

Comment

watermelon frost works best for me. it's some sort of powdered watermelon which you get in a bottle and squirt out onto the ulcer. can get from most chinese medical shops. called xi1 gua1 shua1.

bonjela is a type of medicated gel which you can get froma pharmacy.

Comment

ooo i heard of the watermelon thingy... Maybe i should check it out

Comment

kenalog - available from pharmacy

Comment

some tips on the treatment of ulcers....

* keep your mouth clean at all times,
              * avoid foods that are spicy, acidic, salty or particularly hot or cold, which can make the symptoms worse,
              * eat a healthy diet that includes fresh fruit and vegetables,
              * gargle with warm salt water,
              * use a diluted chlorhexidine mouthwash once a day to help reduce the length of time the ulcers last.
              * sprays and rinses are also available for pain relief.

Comment

I second Kenalog. It costs about $10 for a very tiny tube.
                The other one is Oramedy, which is a paste like Kenalog. Looks exactly and works effectively like the latter. Costs lesser too. (Manufactured in Korea)

Comment

Another thumbs up from me about Bonjela! It's fab stuff!

You just put it on your ulcer, and it numbs the area for you and reduces the inflammation so you don't feel the pain- very useful when you're eating!

It also helps it heal much quicker by killing the germs. Deffo highly recommended by me!

Comment

I get ulcers all the time so I'm practically immune to the pain.I hate bonjela though! I tried it once, it didn't work and it was so uncomfortable.

Comment

I do have agree that the initial burning sensation takes a little getting used to, but it does fade quite quickly!

After1998, do you get quite big ulcers? Sounds like you need much stronger stuff than Bonjela

Thankfully, I very, very rarely get ulcers and even when I do, they're only very mild....perhaps that why it more effective on some people than others?

Comment

Get Oracort-E Paste, TARO from your family doctor. You just need to apply once or twice and your ulcers will heal.

Comment

This is an age-old, sure work method:

1. Take a slice of watermelon
                          2. Sprinkle a dash of salt over the slice
                          3. Eat it

The ulcer should go away the next day. I kid you not.

Comment

i am sticked to using the traditional and painful method
                            it is put the salt on the ulcer and rub it!!
                            Effective though pain!!!
                            ulcer gone the next day

Comment

me too!! i will just put some salt on it.. its effective..

Comment

Working...
                              X