X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To eat before or after exercise?

like to check with you all..

eat before exercise or after exercise

I found that if i eat after exercise, my appetite is not that good especially after jogging and swimming.

but if eat before exercise seems not very good for stomach

so what you all do??

trainer advise after exercise .. if you have to eat before .. jus light snacks like fruits / energy bars. You might get indigestion if you eat a full meal before exercise.

Comment

I eat after excercise.

My trainer said that it is best to excercise on an empty stomach. That way, you're burning energy stored in your body rather than the food that you've just eaten. So essentially, this way is more effective at burning fat.

Comment

my gastric quite weak, if i eat a bit also will feel hungry when exercise

how how?

Comment

ahmay .. another tip from my personal trainer is to go for green apples. because sugar content not as high as red and also the skin on the green apple makes you feel more full. works for me!

also to help in increasing up your metabolic rate so that you burn more fats, try taking a cup of coffee (not too much sugar) half hour before you hit the gym or exercise. HTHS!!!

Comment

coffee... i don't like hehe
            but green apple i like
            so i take one green apple before exercise is it?

Comment

thats what i did

Comment

I usually exercise after I eat, about 2hours after to digest. I used to exercise before eating and I ended up eating MUCH MORE.

Comment

ginger is right; if you have to eat do it at least 2 hours before exercise. Because right after eating a lot of your blood flow is channeled to your stomach for digestion and less is available to your limbs. Lactic acid would buildup easier => you'll get tired faster

Try drinking some milk if you're afraid of having gastric problems?

Comment

To eat before or after exercise?

hmm... both?
                    i can eat a lot...

normally... i will eat a bit before exercise... so won't be exercising on an empty stomach... (which will result in gastric pain for me) and then eat normally after exercise...

Comment

after exercise better..just light meal..cause before excercise will cause gastric pain..

Comment

To me it's impt to eat something before my morning jog. I need to boost my blood sugar levels after 10-12 hrs fast(Sleep).

I usually eat a light balanced meal or snack before I start the day.

Comment

Eat a very light meal before exercising as it provides you with energy...

Comment

its best to eat within 1 hr after exercise....as the metabolic rate is still high after exercise, so can burn off the meal faster...tip from my pilates instructor

Comment

If your goal is to lose fats, the best time to exercise is upon waking up. Reason being, your body is deplete of carbohydrates and when you workout, you will be first utilising glucose stored and later on, fats.

Comment

Working...
                              X