Hot Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Yoga

anyone tried? i am very tempted to try but i cannot even stand the weather....

http://www.yogaffinity.com/

:roll:

Oh! :wow: they featured this on channel U. sounds good! Any reviews?

Comment

yes, featured on channel U recently. been wanting to go even before the programme. but not very confident if i can stand the heat. hope to hear from those who have tried. to motivate myself

Comment

Some colleagues went about a year ago and raved about it, 2 or 3 of them signed up for the package. I think they used to have trial classes, it's worth asking

Comment

haha! The price quite steep ah... Still a student... cant afford

Comment

Is it the same as ashtanga yoga? It also raise the temperature of the room for yoga, offered at certain sport complex ( I only know Jurong East) at an affordable rates (85 for 12 lessons). But it states it is only for people who is consistently doing hatha yoga =)

Comment

ya i think they got this one session trial of this hot yoga for $28.
              Feel like trying out....keke...But where is the place ah? Near where?

Comment

Ling, do u have the contact number of that school?

Thanks

Comment

No, its not the same as ashtanga yoga. In hot (or bikram) yoga, the temperature of the room is raised while in ashtanga, the heat is generated within your body through a breathing technique, making you sweat like mad! The similarity is that they both involve a set series of poses, tho these poses are different for ashtanga and bikram.

I've tried hot yoga at yogaffinity once and didn't like it - the poses are fine but heat was too suffocating and distracting, and i really don't think we need it in Singapore! The idea is that the heat loosens your muscles and makes it easier to stretch, but i personally think that's kinda "cheating". But then I am an ashtanga fan so I'm probably biased!!

BTW, IS mag carries regular ads that offer free trial classes for first timers - for those who are interested, that would be a good chance to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by scrambyjess
                    Ling... do u have the contact number of that school?

Thanks
                    gajah...I see...finally see the difference...so a higher level of hatha yoga?

Jess..it is jurong east sport complex...the last time i asked the,, the class has not been formed. Can get the numbder from singapore sport complex website...i will go home and dig the nos for you.

BtW..OT...Jess you going for the exotic dance class trial?

Comment

hey linggy,
                      well i started ashtanga without any other yoga background, so its not a must, but i guess it would help if you are relatively fit and flexible. btw, 85 for 12 classes is really very cheap, but i would check the credentials of the instructor - like how long she's been practicing, what stage of practice she is at herself, etc. you can get hurt if you do the poses incorrectly

Comment

I have yet to try their yoga...but i tried their pilates, kickboxing and stepaerobics...the instructors are quite good. They are either full time fitness instructors or part time, some teach at CF also.

Thats why i love going sport complex Value for money!! haha too stingy to sign up for gyms

Comment

Originally posted by linggy
                          gajah...I see...finally see the difference...so a higher level of hatha yoga?

Jess..it is jurong east sport complex...the last time i asked the,, the class has not been formed. Can get the numbder from singapore sport complex website...i will go home and dig the nos for you.

BtW..OT...Jess you going for the exotic dance class trial?
                          I went for Street Jazz(Intro Class) at studio Wu yesterday.. you know what happen My Dear.. I went into wrong room... I totally couldn't follow their step. End up I learn nothing.. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

But it's still very Fun... Keep on laughing at myself......

Comment

I tried the Hot Yoga a couple of months back. It is indeed very very hot and I feel that not much Yoga poses are done? (I'm not sure about how a regular session is though) Its pretty hard to breathe for me and I can be seen lying there gasping for breath whenever the instructor opens the door.

You will definitely sweat alot. For first timers, I think I did not learn much of the yoga poses as most of the time was spent trying to breathe. But you will definitely sweat buckets and buckets.

What I did not like about this was the instructor did not really demostrate how it was to be done. Rather we were following the people in front who knew.

The shower rooms are common for men and women was another drawback. And that area was actually COMMON.

My friend did sign up for their classes but not me. Guess its pretty effective for losing weight!

Comment

You can just call to make appointment for a free trial class.

Comment

Working...
                              X