True Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Yoga

hi people, just wondering if anyone out there joined this fairly new club TRUE YOGA ? What is the membership fee like? i know there is no standard fee practice at some of the gym .. depend on how you "bargain" ... is it true? they have so many different classes also ... kinda interesting ...would like to know more .... thanks

I'm not sure if it has been discussed in the other Yoga thread but my cousin has recently joined. She mentioned that its $88.00 monthly for a day/ week, $139.00 monthly for every day classes and there's a unlimited attentance of classes for another charge. Call them up, its the best way to find out.

Comment

True Yoga - Rants/Raves

Anyone who is a member of this club or know something about them? Rants/raves on True Yoga. I'm going for a trial tmrw Wed at Ocean Towers. Have been checking around and comparing rates at the other Yoga clubs. Getting quite confused. TIA.

Comment

how is your trial class? can feedback? i am thinking to join either true yoga or pure yoga but dunno which to choose... any yogini fm TY to share their experience? think PY will open soon and hope they will have open house and free trial class.

Comment

Hi,
          I have since attended 3 sessions at True Yoga, still can't really form an opinion yet as I do not have any experience with the other studios.
          However, I did attend an intensive introductrory yoga course at Shambhala and was pretty impressed with the master coaching us.
          The 3 lessons at True Yoga were conducted by 3 different masters - on purpose so that I can experience the teaching style. They are different and I find that I prefer a particular master to the other.
          I don't know if I'll continue with TY when my package ends (I signed up the 20 lessons package as opposed to the long term one - don't want to commit unless I'm very sure). I do however enjoy the convenience of location and the frequency of classes.
          One thing I noticed in TY is that the staff don't seem very friendly. They are not rude but they don't give you a warm feeling of welcome - just my personal feelings.

Comment

they hv 20 lessons package? how much did u pay for it? can u attend more than 1 lesson per day and is there any expired date for ur package? is it true that their classes r quite crowded during peak hours?

i know Shambhala is good but location is inconvenient for me...

Comment

Originally posted by meluvcosmetics
              One thing I noticed in TY is that the staff don't seem very friendly. They are not rude but they don't give you a warm feeling of welcome - just my personal feelings.
              so true.. i also have the same feeling..

anyone being called for their true spa?
              any hardsell? anything interesting? i am still contemplating whether to go for their introduction session or not

Comment

I was there a few weeks back to enquire about their classes. I was serviced by a "manager". He walked me through the various options of packages. I asked if they offered trial classes and he said "no" because, "one class would not be effective for the customer to gauge if they liked it" Finally, he offered me the $180 package of 10 which I had to admit was quite attractive. But being the rational and non implusive buyer I usually am, I told him I wanted to think about it. He immediately told me, "sorry, this is an offer that cannot wait". With the hard sell approach he was using, I immediately backed off.. the more I was being pressured..the more I was beginning to doubt their product and service. I told him I'd get back to him by the end of the day if I decided to take it up. He nodded and never followed up with me.

When I stepped out of the building, I noticed TY staff downstairs were promoting and giving out trial lessons cards down stairs as they had a promotion booth.. offering similar package offers.
                I saw the promotion did not ceased on the day itself. That kept me wondering.. if the TY manager had not given me an ultimatum.. bothered to do some friendly followup calls, he might have won me over. I might even have gone back and take up the offer a few days later. But the thought of having to bump into him there again was undesirable and put me off .

A rep from Pure yoga called me a few days ago. Completely different... he was nice, understanding and no hard selling at all. I would feel comfortable going back to find out more about the classes even though I told him I found the pricing and location less attractive than the other options I'm considering.
                Last edited by kiane; 13-11-2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiane
                  I was there a few weeks back to enquire about their classes. I was serviced by a "manager". He walked me through the various options of packages. I asked if they offered trial classes and he said "no" because, "one class would not be effective for the customer to gauge if they liked it" Finally, he offered me the $180 package of 10 which I had to admit was quite attractive. But being the rational and non implusive buyer I usually am, I told him I wanted to think about it. He immediately told me, "sorry, this is an offer that cannot wait". With the hard sell approach he's using, I immediately backed off.. the more I'm being pressured..the more I was beginning to doubt their product and service. I told him I'd get back to him by the end of the day if I decided to take it up. He nodded and never followed up with me.

A rep from Pure yoga called me a few days ago. Completely different... he was nice, understanding and no hard selling at all. I would feel comfortable going back to find out more about the classes even though I told him I found the pricing and location less attractive than the other options I'm considering.
                  You know what, my friend experienced the same thing with the TY manager doing the hardsell, and he said that is a ONE TIME offer only, the next day they will revise prices,, what absolute nonesense.

the PY rep also called me, he's really nice, Kiane, just wondering what is the PY package like? Can you share?

Comment

Jadeite,

I was only interested in session packages and if I remember correct PY quoted around $32 each for pack of 10. I had a sense they were testing the market and depending on the response, pricing might only be firmed up by the opening date..so maybe it was just tentative pricing. The rep was also well aware that TY was charging half that amount. But generally, he was nice, open to feedback, non defensive, non pressurizing after I told him I found the pricing and product offering non competitve. The schedules are not firmed up when we spoke he and he welcomed me to check out the place when it opens ( ithink 17 this month) and will keep me in mind if they were to offer trials on the opening day.

Comment

kiane, can i know which PY rep did u speak to? the PY rep which i hv spoke to said that they don't hv sessions package and trial sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by twinky
                        they hv 20 lessons package? how much did u pay for it? can u attend more than 1 lesson per day and is there any expired date for ur package? is it true that their classes r quite crowded during peak hours?

i know Shambhala is good but location is inconvenient for me...
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        I paid $500 for 20lessons + 5 free.... - to be utilised in 16 weeks - not too bad a deal I supposed?? I spoke to a new member yesterday. She paid about $189 for 10 lessons but it's a pair deal - meaning 2 persons has to sign up for this package each.

Yes, evening lesson rather crowded, quite a turn off. However, weekend lessons were great... we had only 6 of us in a morning lesson yesterday (Sunday - Ocean Towers).

Also, I am appreciating the Yoga Masters better after 4 lessons, quite good actually.

Yes, of course you can attend more than 1 lesson a day but if you are on a package then the lessons will of course get deducted accordingly. A number of the members go for more than 1 lesson each visit but they are on a unlimited monthly membership (upfront payment of 18 - 36 months at $120/month approx).

Comment

thanks for the update, kiane. r u trying their complimentary lessons?

Comment

hi Twinky, I think I'll swing by to check out the place first before deciding if I feel comfortable requesting for a free trial. After all, I am a unstretched beginner, I want to be assured I can keep up with the trial lessons before even signing up for one. You thinking of going for a trial?

Comment

kiane, i may not b going for the trial but i will drop by to see their facilities....

Comment

Working...
                              X