Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym/Fitness Clubs - M'ship Packages

hihi gals
    i wld like to sign up for fitness club memebership too..i know tt planet fitness's monthly membership fee is $104..n i have been to their clubs t work out before (courtesy of my frnds)
    wld like to know how much is CF's fee per month.and how do the facilities n classes compare to PF's?

planet fitness sure sounds expensive...i'm not sure about the normal rates but i signed up for the california fitness 2-year plan which gives you one year free and because i have the ladies card, i got another year free

i'm paying $169/month for 12 months but this will cover 42 months which works out to $50/month

i like california fitness coz it opens till midnight and i go to the one at republic plaza coz i work in the CBD. i have not attended classes but i like how there are so many machines, you can always find one to use no matter when

not much additional facilities beside the machines but there is a suana and steam room that i use too, especially if i go on a weekend or workout late at night coz i get the steam room all to myself!

Comment

wow I wasnt aware that Ladies cardholders get an additional year free. thanks for the scoop, BB!

Comment

oh sorry, it's an addition 6 months; that was the July promo tho', not sure if it's still running now

Comment

Originally posted by hjmsb
          no worries, I will just wait for the next round of promos!
          thanks!
          Hey hjmsb,

you can try to hint to the gym pple there that you are interested to sign up but too bad offer and see if they can SECRETLY give you the offer.

A couple of times my gf also tried such methods and they do relented cos as long as they can afford they will do so. Cos they are fighting with planet fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble
            planet fitness sure sounds expensive...i'm not sure about the normal rates but i signed up for the california fitness 2-year plan which gives you one year free and because i have the ladies card, i got another year free

i'm paying $169/month for 12 months but this will cover 42 months which works out to $50/month

i like california fitness coz it opens till midnight and i go to the one at republic plaza coz i work in the CBD. i have not attended classes but i like how there are so many machines, you can always find one to use no matter when

not much additional facilities beside the machines but there is a suana and steam room that i use too, especially if i go on a weekend or workout late at night coz i get the steam room all to myself!
            Bluebubble > go for the body combat and pilates. I heard its POPULAR there.

I also frequen the republic plaza too. Hee hee.. but I go normally between 6.30-7.30 depending on my gym kakis. hee hee

Comment

[i]i like california fitness coz it opens till midnight and i go to the one at republic plaza coz i work in the CBD. i have not attended classes but i like how there are so many machines, you can always find one to use no matter when

Seems that you've got a good deal from CF as I've paid close to $120/mth at the point of time I joined but was allowed to use the 2 clubs as I was offered the platinum card. Find the advantage is the opening hours that some clubs don't offer but was quite fed-up especially when finding lockers in the evening and that prompt me to terminate the membership. So far been to a couple of spas/clubs like The Spa at Capital Tower and St.Gregory's at Novena that's quite exclusive and find that they also have work-out machines and classes similar to CF and charging around the same price range. Tempted to join but have spent to much $$$$. Maybe have to wait for another couple more mths to do so.

Comment

If money is not an issue but contending with crowds is, you guys might wanna consider The Spa. They recently opened an outlet in chi-chi Paragon Extension. Republic Plaza will prove to be very convenient for office gals, for those of you who visit Planet's China Sq outlet. I don't know how much the m'ship fee is.

I like the feel of Plaza's fitness club. Resort-y yet urban. I don't have the spare dough to indulge in spa-ing or I'd choose to hit there.

Comment

Hi Kab,

I've never been to PF at Great World City, only go to the one at Suntec.

They had a promo last month which works out to be about $60+ per month for 18mths, IIRC.

The one at Suntec has more ladies, mainly the office crowd. The bad thing about having more ladies is that the locker room gets really crowded during peak hours in the evening.

They provide 1-week trial. Go ask for it to see if you like it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky

ON PF's 1 week trial, ask for extension to one month if you need more time to consider if you like their location and crowd. PF's easy to talk to, again they NEED members so play King. HA!
                    there's exactly wat a friend told me to do!
                    Nic, you have PF and CF memberships??

Comment

Does anyone know what's the membership fee for PF?
                      Hav anyone work with the personal trainers there......really desperate to lose weight but need lotsa help

Comment

Does any of the gyms offer membership on a short term basis? I will be back for 1-2 months max. so no point signing up for longer. Preferably somewhere easily accessible, ie. town or nearby areas with lots of cabs around. Else I'll have to resort to "sneaking" into the ACJC gym.

Comment

the only one i think of at the top of my head is amore. they have branches at bugis and orchard. the gyms are pretty small though. you can sign up for a 3 month membership there.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                            Does any of the gyms offer membership on a short term basis? I will be back for 1-2 months max. so no point signing up for longer. Preferably somewhere easily accessible, ie. town or nearby areas with lots of cabs around. Else I'll have to resort to "sneaking" into the ACJC gym.
                            PF has short term membership but it's more expensive.
                            Fitness First at Paragon has it too. I think most gyms will have short term membership so it depends on how much you are willing to pay for it. Amore will be the most affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by kim22
                              Seems that you've got a good deal from CF as I've paid close to $120/mth at the point of time I joined but was allowed to use the 2 clubs as I was offered the platinum card. Find the advantage is the opening hours that some clubs don't offer but was quite fed-up especially when finding lockers in the evening and that prompt me to terminate the membership. So far been to a couple of spas/clubs like The Spa at Capital Tower and St.Gregory's at Novena that's quite exclusive and find that they also have work-out machines and classes similar to CF and charging around the same price range. Tempted to join but have spent to much $$$$. Maybe have to wait for another couple more mths to do so.

California fitness is a club that has no standardization in their pricing.. do u know that there are people using CF but only pay $59 without GST per month.... with only one year contract.. totally Pissed off with CF! i sold away my membership!
                              sooo crowed and no machine can be use also!

Comment

Working...
                              X