Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coughing for days !

i been coughing for days !

any tips on how to cure it without going to see a doctor ?

eg .. go ee yu sheng buy medicine etcs ..

Comment

hmm, for me, i will just go and buy 'bai cao xian'.
      it is a cough syrup.

and it does cure but i need to drink at least 2 bottles of it.

Comment

It's best to see a doctor so that you can recover faster.. I recommend Healthline @ Blk 25A Chai Chee Road #01-67 Singapore 461025.. Tel: 6446 3260

I was sick last month for 3 weeks than went to see doctor at my neigbourhood than my friend recommend me this doctor at 4th week.. I took 3 days to recover my cough aft having the medicine he gave me but the medicine is ex but it really recovers very fast...

It's best to make reservation before going or else you have to wait super long because he have alot of customer from other area to visit him..

Comment

ok thanks for your recommendation

Comment

for me, i'll try not to consume any cold drinks. although this hasnt been scientifically proven that cold drinks aggravate coughing, i believe they do play a part. tested it personally.

Comment

I've been coughing too. Has been about a week. I guess I have been too ill disciplined in telling myself not to take ice cream. I have been cutting down in taking cold stuff and the cough is much better. Pls do not follow in my footsteps. haha.

Comment

i actually eat durian to cure my cough

Comment

I saw an email saying that you can apply vicks on your feet, wear your sock on and viola... the cough stops...
                  not sure whether works or not though..

Comment

that's really interesting, ririan! My cough stops if I apply vicks on my chest though.
                    Started coughing since last week and it is a sickening dry cough . Been loading up on warm water , "chuan pei pi pa gao" sweets at work and also staying away from chicken, cold stuffs and also citrus fruits.

My doc told me that citrus stuff like oranges and lemons should not be consumed. I am also staying away from milk/dairy products as it might trigger phlegm production.

Comment

"chuan pei pi pa gao" doesn't work on me. It makes my cough worse. Mine is a dry cough too! Maybe its the weather. Its really warm nowadays again.

Comment

A month ago, i suffered from a really bad cough...lasted for more than 2months! It's only when i got a high fever, then i met this really good doctor. He told me from the way i cough, he could tell its an 'egg cough'. Too many eggs in my diet! He told me to With Effect From Now, avoid Wheat, Egg, Fish and Nuts

5 days after i stopped taking eggs totally, my cough totally recovered. I never consume any cough syrup at all. So those who are suffering from pro-longed cough and the cough always make you feel like throwing out your lungs, stop taking eggs....

Comment

i think avoid eggs n chicken too and cold drinks and spicy stuff

this few are killers !

Comment

i had bad cough some years ago and it was really bad, western doctor or TCM couldn't help at all, some say its the 100 days cough and i think its true because i remember i coughed for months. my cough got better when i stop taking cold drinks, ice- cream and all other food thats from the refrigerator. I also have this bad cough, which is sort of tickling my throat, i went to see a TCM and he thought me to gargle my mouth and throat with salt water regularly, and it helps. So anybody has tickly throat can try this method and hope it works for you.

Comment

My last resort will always be starfruit juice. It's available at most supermarkets. Another one will be Hacks sweets (orange flavour). My cough will usually recover in 2 days' time.

Food/drinks to avoid: Fried stuff, chicken, orange.

Comment

Working...
                              X