swollen face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swollen face

my face has been swelling for the past week! my mum, relatives and friends are asking me what had happened to me, refering my bloated swelling face.. i am very worried! i really don't know what the cause? i have a few guesses:

1. wisdom teeth on the bottom causing my jaws to swell and make me look like a "pig" face

2. water retention?

3. my period?

4. some food that i took?

i really dont know why. can any girl can help? i need to know the causes before i look for remedies...please help

Gal since the swelling is so obvious it'll be wise consult a doctor about it. Could be an serious allergy, broken blood vessels or even a case of mumps. Not trying to scare you but better safe than sorry.

Take care yeah

Comment

I agree....go see a doctor as soon as you can!! Not only will be be able to give you medicine, but he'll be able to put your mind as ease as to what caused it!!

Take care and let us know how you get on!

Comment

Hello there! It is very possible that you are having an allergic reaction to something. It could be something that you have eaten or environmental. What you can do, if you do not have high blood pressure, is take a dose or two of Benadryl. If the swelling begins to go down, you will definitely know that it is an allergic reaction. If it does not subside, You need to go and see your general practitioner for a proper diagnosis and treatment. I hope that this has somehow been helpful. Best of luck to you and feel better soon!
        P.S. If the Benadryl does not work, do not delay going to your doctor. Allergic reactions are nothing to play around with. They can in some cases be life threatening. If your tongue is not swollen and there is no difficulty breathing, you can try the Benadryl. If your tongue is swollen and or you are wheezing and feel like you can not catch your breath, go straight to the ER. While you are there, they will do bloodwork to be sure that there is nothing else is going on with your body and all systems are functioning properly.

Comment

Originally posted by dodo View Post
          my face has been swelling for the past week! my mum, relatives and friends are asking me what had happened to me, refering my bloated swelling face.. i am very worried! i really don't know what the cause? i have a few guesses:

1. wisdom teeth on the bottom causing my jaws to swell and make me look like a "pig" face

2. water retention?

3. my period?

4. some food that i took?

i really dont know why. can any girl can help? i need to know the causes before i look for remedies...please help
          Try to seek family doctor for help or it may due to allergic to certain food like seafood etc.

Comment

Working...
          X