Grapefruit Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefruit Diet

GNC selling the grapefruit idiet in capsule form. Heard from the SA that is a gradual lose so it seems perfect for me as I have about 3kg or 4kg to lose. Anybody tried? Feedback please.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by duckiee; 09-07-2005, 01:38 PM.

i have tried both real fruit & the capsule one. never work on me. needs lots of disciple somehow, grapefruit is on sour side so whenever i eat them, can't help but feeling hungry, no fullness experienced at all. me failure ah

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
      i have tried both real fruit & the capsule one. never work on me. needs lots of disciple somehow, grapefruit is on sour side so whenever i eat them, can't help but feeling hungry, no fullness experienced at all. me failure ah
      Grapefruit has plenty of citric acid which I would imagine, induces bad hunger pangs? Either way I think it's just another low calorie diet...
      Last edited by peaberry86; 09-07-2005, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Yup agree, think you would be better off eating apples. At least they can make you feel full.

Comment

I know of this diet. Cleo had some contest last year, i entered and won this diet thing but never bothered to go down to the office to collect. Gah, should have just done it! *slaps self for being lazy*

Comment

Peaberry u are so right.

maybe old-fashioned me thinks that anything sour will induce those unbearable pangs. GNC had that "buy 1,get next at 50% off" promotion about 2 years ago so i thought get & try, actually get & not try but throw money in drain :Doh:

Comment

Originally posted by plain_substance
              Yup agree, think you would be better off eating apples. At least they can make you feel full.
              Apples are especially good because it's low GI.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                Thanks for the reply. Just wonder how long were u on the capsules for?

Comment

barely 2 weeks, i threw in the towel

no disciple u see. even for NTUC 3-day-diet, i broke regimen on Day 2

Comment

If you only have 3,4 kg to lose I recommand you just watch your diet and do some exercise 3 times a week. Shouldn't be hard. Diet pills might work for a while but the moment you go off them and start eating normally you'll probably put the weight back on. There's really no shortcut to losing weight.

Comment

hee.. thanks for the sane tips! been feasting so i think to do what you say soon

Comment

No worries. Good old exercise and a healthy diet does work. I lost about 7-8kg the past few months, just by watching my diet and doing pilates 2-3 times a week. And it's not even like I'm on a strict diet, just mainly cutting out on snacking so much and sugary drinks. I'm still eating about the same amount that I used to and having sinful desserts like rich chocolate cake, ice cream etc a few times a week. Sure the weight loss might be slow, but at least I can be sure I won't put the weight back on.

Comment

hee... all your pretty clothes must be the driving force.

i using tees to conceal my tummy

again, after this Friday, i shall be embarking on a more strict diet

Comment

Actually I wasn't aiming to lose weight when I started pilates, more for my bad back but it just happened so I guess it's good. Although I have to say that some of my clothes are getting a bit too big for me now, am gonna have to alter them or give/sell them away.

Comment

i bought that before, doesn't seem effective and feel guilty cause i asked my friend to buy too.

Comment

Working...
                              X