Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Addicted to preserved tidbits (sour plum, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to preserved tidbits (sour plum, etc)

i love sour plum as well as those sweet ones. I also like dried mangoes, prines and ariprot. I cannot resist them i will munch every times especially during work. How can i stop? how will them affect our healh as i know they contain preservatives and are high in sugar.

anyone has the same problems as me??

i have the same problem but my mom confiscates them all the time!

Comment

i think it is okie to munch on them, but in return you might have to drink more fluids

as i have always said, moderation
      anything in excess brings about consequences

Comment

hehe dodo, same for me! I have been taking sour plums since I was young. My grandmum always bought them for me! Now that she is gone, I will still think of her whenever I eat one

I agree that it is not a good habit, they are very high in sugar and salt content, think no good for our kidneys. I did try to cut down my intake now. Watson's has this dried guava which is supposed to be a healthy snack. Maybe you can try that now.

Comment

Hey dodo! I am a sour-plums addict too! I love all sorts of sour plums and they are a form of substitution when I am craving for cookies or chocolates... But I feel that it's ok to take them in moderation and drink lots of water...

Comment

is it true too much of sour plums can cause the teeth to erode faster due to its acidic content?

Comment

sweet plum

hi,

do u guys know where to buy one big packet of sweet plum at very cheap price??

last time, i used to go to the hawker centre near fu lu shou but now it's under renovation.

any ideas??

cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by forever View Post
                hi,

do u guys know where to buy one big packet of sweet plum at very cheap price??

last time, i used to go to the hawker centre near fu lu shou but now it's under renovation.

any ideas??

cheers,
                My mum told me that they build a temporary market near the MRT. Maybe you can try our luck there. I fancy sweet plum during my teenage days as my friends & me believe that it can help us to keep slim. But now I totally do not eat anymore.

Comment

how about switching to organic sultanas or dried cranberries?

Comment

I think SO love it to bits than I do.. I personally just find it very saltish and have to drink lotsa water, so dont really like it..

Comment

plums...

Hi,

vysweetapple: thanks.. i'll try out..

spark_of_life89: Never try that before.. how does it taste like?? like sweet plum??

cheers.

Comment

Raisins are a good way to quit imho, you can chew on them and not need to drink so much water too =)

Comment

I'm eating too much chips!

Comment

i am addicted to sour plums too! i will have cravings here and there, esp when after a meal and i feel too full!

its a bad habit i got since young.. spicy, sour stuff.. even chocolates, chips.. sigh. *guilty* my best fren always frown at me wheni buy preserved fruits!

Comment

Working...
                            X