SPINNING class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPINNING class

I went for my first spinning class recently, i enjoyed the cardio workout but i was really uncomfortable thruout the class. Adjusted the seats and and handles, and even myself. But because my butt is quite bony, i feel the pain most on my crotch and buttbones,
    i was advised to buy a seat cushion, but does anyone else have any other advice? like how i should adjust my seat better?
    Last edited by diamante; 16-07-2005, 12:02 AM.

yes I was told that the only thing to stop hearting your tail bone and butt bone I guess is proper cushioning. You may need thicker cushioning for your case. Best to get advice from your instructor.

Comment

if you can, try to get advice from the instructor as to the correct seat and body positioning. maybe your posture during the class is not correct thus exerting too much pressure on the body parts mentioned.

Comment

another idea, is to place thick towel under the bike seat. It may helps.

Comment

alternatively hop down to carrefour and invest $19.90 in a bike seat cover.. the inside is gel kinda stuff... cool stuff i'd say.. i get butt aches too

Comment

You could buy proper bike shorts (made of lycra/spandex material & come with a thick padding at the crotch area). They're sold only in bicycle shops though (try the higher-end bike shops), and cost about $40+ each. If you need details on the shops which sell them, you can PM me!

Comment

what is spinning??

Comment

check out this website: Spinning

or this Wikipedia site

Comment

oh! Thanx alot!

btw, where can we learn spinning in singapore?
                  not all gyms offer them right?

Comment

where is your spinning class.

Comment

Spinning classes are available at those upmarket gyms like fitness first, planet fitness, california fitness etc. For those who do not have membership at these gyms, you can try YMCA.

Comment

u will get use to it.

the 1st time i went was terrible.

then u'll learn to adjust and get use to it.

go a few more times n see how.

Comment

hihi...

never tried spinning, ***** very cardio? how is it compared to aerobics/combat?

thanks...

Comment

i did spinning at fitness first

omg i wanted to keel over and die after half an hour - super intense and crazy
                            the trainer alternates between sets of all out cycling like mad and a slower pace - i think this helps you to burn fats faster, i read somewhere that 'shocking' your body makes your metabolism increase alot

after my first lesson i had butt ache for the whole week
                            i dont really like aerobics, not as intense and doesnt help me much

Comment

Originally posted by lavenderblush View Post
                              i did spinning at fitness first

omg i wanted to keel over and die after half an hour - super intense and crazy
                              the trainer alternates between sets of all out cycling like mad and a slower pace - i think this helps you to burn fats faster, i read somewhere that 'shocking' your body makes your metabolism increase alot

after my first lesson i had butt ache for the whole week
                              i dont really like aerobics, not as intense and doesnt help me much
                              I had the same feeling when I went for my first spinning class! Thought I was going to die. It was an Interval class, so we were working out at 80-90% of max heartrate for a large part of the class. My body always feels really worked out after the class, which is why I still attend. Super shiok!

I didn't have butt ache, but my groin was sore. Now that I use cycling shorts, it's much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X