How to treat STDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to treat STDs

sigh.. my friend just told me she's suspecting her husband infected her with STD. poor girl..
    dunno where he went to have a fling as well...
    she's sobbing her heart out right now, but i told her the most important thing now is to get herself cured. Other things can wait.

She said she heard this govt clinic - DSC treats STDs.. but i was thinking.. public clinics will have a lot of people & I dont think she wants to be seen.. after all she's quite a high flyer in her company..
    Does anyone have any recommendation on which clinic to visit to get a discreet check? Or can she go to any GP or Gynaes?

Go to a gynae quick!!! Hope your friend is feeling better now.

Comment

I heard DSC is pro for sexual consultation. Should try there.

Comment

my friend volunteers at the DSC and it's not really crowded esp on weekday afternoons...

Otherwise u can go to normal clinic and get treatment. Like that maybe the people at the clinic wouldnt know what u are going to see the doc for?

Hope she gets well soon and settle the issue with her hubby..

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wny
          Go to a gynae quick!!! Hope your friend is feeling better now.
          I think Gynae is a good choice. However not all Gynae are good at handling STD illness, I heard some are very good (not sure which one) at these but some are just good at handling baby issues

Comment

It depends highly on what kind of STD it is. Go to a doctor for a blood test asap. My friend has both oral and genital herpes. They were spread to her by her boyfriend. It can be controlled by popping antibiotics. But she has to practice social responsibility by not sharing food and drinks with people and refrain from having multiple sexual partners.

Comment

A bit OT here, but just wondering when you do blood test for Blood Grouping or General check up, do the doctor also can tell wether you have herpes, or any other sickness??

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
                It depends highly on what kind of STD it is. Go to a doctor for a blood test asap. My friend has both oral and genital herpes. They were spread to her by her boyfriend. It can be controlled by popping antibiotics. But she has to practice social responsibility by not sharing food and drinks with people and refrain from having multiple sexual partners.
                Just read some info on the net, sharing food and drinks is not really a concern. She can even have normal sex or give birth to a baby, just that she have to control her illness. As time goes by, the illness will not appear so often. In USA, almost 50-75% of their people have herpes. Very common for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Bear
                  A bit OT here, but just wondering when you do blood test for Blood Grouping or General check up, do the doctor also can tell wether you have herpes, or any other sickness??
                  I think for blood test you have to be tell the doctor what are want to check for, if you want to do fore more than 20 test, I guess they will need a lot of blood cos one test tube can only do a few blood test....

Comment

Working...
                  X