Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury

Anyone knows how to treat this and won't leave a scar? I went to the doctor coz I had a slight fever and it is slightly infected. Doctor can't answer me whether will it leave a scar. Now when I walk, it hurts and I can't stand straight, how?

Whoa! That must hurts! the knee is one of the worst places to b hurt coz u bend it so much, it's not easy for it to heal. I grazed my knee like that be4 & from my experience, i will say do not cover it. Coz if u cover it, it will b moist & will not dry easily. U must let it dry to a scab be4 it can heal.. so use an antiseptic solution to clean the area twice a day, then dry thoroughly & leave it as such. I didn't even apply cream coz it will hinder the scabbing. Once it scabs, the wound is covered by the scab & it will heal. It will certainly scar at first.. but will go off with time. Looks like a surface graze so there should not b any formation of keloids, so if that's what u r worried about, i think u can rest ur mind. Also, try not to bend ur knees so much so avoid squatting & sit with ur that leg extended. HTH

Comment

Hurt while showering and walking, Doc gave me a solution to wash it and apply. I realise after applying the lotion, it get all moist and yucks. Is that common? Sorry about all the questions, 1st injury.

Comment

snowny, Ouch Usually the wound will dry up but because your wound is infected, that is why it is moist now. Just keep the area clean and dry. It will heal faster. As for the scarring, no one can say now but this is a small wound so no worries if it scars cause you can use a medicated gel pack to apply on it to remove the scar. I have a 9 cm scar on my shin and the gel pack does help by making it smooth and the scar less obvious (it is too long to be removed). No worries gal, just let it heal 1st

Comment

Is it some form of cream? Coz if it's a cream, it will retain moisture & thus, the 'yuckiness'! But as the doctor prescribed u this, i guess u can stay on it & see if it works. For me, i didn't consult a doc. At first, i apply those antibacterial cream religiously & cover the wound with bandage but after almost a week, it's still goo-ey & oozing pus. I then decided to leave the wound open instead & wash the wound with antibacterial solution (diluted dettol) twice a day. Pat dry after that & just leave it. If u want, can put the Potassium Permagenate (purple) solution (but look hideous le). After 2 days, wound completely dried into a scab, after a week scab dropped off. Leave a scar.. inevitably. But scar slowly goes off in a month or 2. Don't know if this is the best way too.. just that i dealt with mine this way after all the cream & bandages didn't work for me..

Comment

I know there is a sort of antispectic power you can try. Available in phamarcies. Coz its power helps to make it not so wet. My bro used to use it for all his cut/wounds he got from soccer.

To try to make sure no scarring. Make your your diet is clean and take your vitamins. Can also promote healing. And sleep well.

cheers hope you feel better soon....

Comment

Thanks gals.

peekaboo, does Potassium helps in healing faster?

julie08, you got a name to that and where they sell it?

Comment

my dear karen

I got this when i was young, during pri sch while learning cycling. It's really bad, yes, i can't even bend my knee to move down the stairs. And sorry to inform you... it will leave a scar. Mine is the size of a 50c coin. But since i had it at such young age, it has faded and blend into the rest of the skin.

It will surely form a scar, cos the skin cells are healing and regenerating new ones to seal up the wound, but time will make the scar less obvious.

I don?t think you should feel conscious abt it, it?s normal to have that on knee caps, who doesn?t ever fall?

Have confidence and walk with grace and stride.

Comment

Thanks CaramelGirl, I will walk with my head up and straight but not at the moment keke

Comment

The Potassium Permangenate is antibacterial.. kills those horrible germs & bacteria. Iodine also can although iodine will sting! Careful u don't stain ur clothes with these though coz it's very hard to get it off.

Hehe.. yea lorr girl.. better not walk with head up and straight at the moment but head down & looking at the road so u don't stumble again!

Get well soon ya girl!

Comment

Snowy

I also fell and got hurt there while I was small - some guy pushed me and I fell on rough cement. OUCH. The scar will hear over time.. a long time. Try rosehip oil?

Comment

Thanks gals, this will heal eventually but some won't.

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wny
                          Thanks gals.

peekaboo, does Potassium helps in healing faster?

julie08, you got a name to that and where they sell it?
                          sorry for the late reply....just got into any pharmacy ask for antispectic powder. They show ya the brand. Hope you are feeling better.

Comment

Working...
                          X