Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Shot Eyes

Hi All

I've been wearing disposable & colour lens for many yrs. I've always hv 'blood shot eyes' problem after i put on my lens. Seen GP and he said mayb my eyes more sensitive....& prescribed me with *** eyedrop. Lately all my friends noticed and kept asking why my eyes always RED...!!! (sigh! spent so much time dressing up but ppl endup focusing on my blood shot eyes!)

Anyone out there have similar problem and cure for my eyes?? Pls share with me!!!

ooh babe, I have the same problem too and people are always telling me that I do not have enough sleep which is not quite the case actually. And it doesnt help that my working hours are really long, so the only time I do not have my contacts on is when I am in bed.

Comment

It's strange, isn't it? When people just focussed on the red eyes.

And it's really frustrating when the blood shot eyes actually make the whole eye makeup look yucky. I was in your shoes before, and like you, I wore contact lenses. Even when I was wearing my glasses, my eyes would be blood shot. I had to think mine were red because they were dry. Not sure if it really was the case.

What helped for me, on special occasions, was Visine eye drop for red eyes. But I got mine from the US since Singapore doesn't sell it. It really calmed the redness out of the eyes. But it's not to be used everyday. Alternatively, it could be your lenses. Try to get a pair that allows for more oxygen into your eyes.

What really helped me get rid of my blood shot eyes now, is surprisingly, lasik.

Comment

I've bllod shot eyes too when I was wearing contacts previously. Really blood shot that I dare not step out of my house as people would look at me in a weird way.

I did not see any doctor, just went pharmacy and had some eyedrops.I took one week for the redness to fade away.

Maybe my eyes are more sensitive than other people

Comment

did u put eye makeup wen ur having those Bloody eyes...
          i think it worsened ur eyes...
          recently,i got it that bloody eyes too... in the end... still have to put on spectacles... couldnt stop blinking and tearing... such a hassle....

Comment

my eyes tend to get red when i put on eyeshadow. tested and proven .

im wearing hard lens. if i just put on mascara, my eyes are practically fine the whole day. when i put on eyeliner plus mascara, still okay but will get abit red after some time. when i put on eyeshadow.....

anyway i just bought this eyedrop from the pharmacy which states for red eyes. whitens, moisturizes and soothes. not really sure if it works yet . still testing. lol

Comment

You can get an eyedrop that can rid red eyes. Its called prefin iirc. But you must take out your contacts len ebfore using the eyedrop.

Comment

Originally posted by chidori
                You can get an eyedrop that can rid red eyes. Its called prefin iirc. But you must take out your contacts len ebfore using the eyedrop.
                yupe! that's the one im using. so far i noticed that my eyes doesnt become as red as before, so it works for me . cant be used with soft lens though.. only hard lens

Comment

I've tried colored lens & hard lens b4 & both of them cause me to have blood shots eyes. Probably they cause my eyes to be more dry. Now i'm wearing soft lens and dont have such problem UNLESS i wore my lens for more than 12hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Soxx
                    I've tried colored lens & hard lens b4 & both of them cause me to have blood shots eyes. Probably they cause my eyes to be more dry. Now i'm wearing soft lens and dont have such problem UNLESS i wore my lens for more than 12hrs.
                    I thought hard lens will allow more oxygen to the eyes and so it wouldn't be as dry as soft lens? I've been using soft lens for the past many years and feel that after few hours, it gets kinda dry and then my bloodshot eyes appear..was thinking of changing to hard lens as I have high myopia..

Comment

Working...
                    X