Spotlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight

has anyone been to the new spotlight in plaza singapura? i heard that they have pretty cheap curtain material. I enjoy sewing and am very particular about my curtains thus i am thinking of dropping by the shop after visiting Comex tomo.

btw, it just occured to me how auntyish and housewifely i sound!

hey blossomcharm! moved your thread to cozycafe. cozyspree is for bulk purchases/pool orders only.

Comment

yup i've been there to get some stuff. it occupies a pretty large space. the curtain materials there are nice! pretty stuff. however imo the material don't seem thick enough to block out the sun.

Comment

thanks, babyflite!

yvonne : the material aren't thick enough? oh dear! in that case, i won't go then. maybe i'll drop by lance court in IMM instead. thanks for saving me a trip, yvonne!

Comment

Re: Spotlight

Originally posted by blossomcharm
          btw, it just occured to me how auntyish and housewifely i sound!
          Doesn't sound at all auntyish to me, blossomcharm. It's absolutely cool to be sewing your own curtains. I'd love to be able to do that too.

Comment

i wish i could sew my own curtains too... but i don't have skilful fingers... :roll:

Comment

Re: Re: Spotlight

Originally posted by Dimples
              Doesn't sound at all auntyish to me, blossomcharm. It's absolutely cool to be sewing your own curtains. I'd love to be able to do that too.
              hear hear! i think it's a great way to be creative!

Comment

Hi Blossom!
                My mum is a great fan of Spotlight
                Heard from her its great!
                Has nice fabrics for curtains and clothes too, at rather affordable prices

Comment

I wish I could sew! Period!

Comment

thanks folks!

i remember struggling with my mother's (inherited from her mother) sewing machine...you know, the one which works on a pulley system, with a wheel and a paddle which one would have to paddle with her legs to operate. the entire machine is the size of a table! a real classic antique piece

Comment

Originally posted by blossomcharm
                      thanks folks!

i remember struggling with my mother's (inherited from her mother) sewing machine...you know, the one which works on a pulley system, with a wheel and a paddle which one would have to paddle with her legs to operate. the entire machine is the size of a table! a real classic antique piece
                      A Singer sewing machine? That's one lovely antique

Comment

ooh i have one in my house too! it was my mum's wedding gift by her aunt used to be in my room but i found it taking too much space so now it's in the living room

Comment

I wish for a singer machine (with leg paddle) as my birthday gift next yr!

Comment

my mom has one at home too. she still uses it once in a while. i think it could be older than me...

Comment

Totally clueless in using the older version of the machine ...
                              I am not sure if this is helpful .. but there's a kind of material out there that can totally blocked out sunlight...
                              Can really remember its name rite now... but its meant for curtain.. but rather heavy and non-machine washable ...
                              Can only wash by hand .... if you are interested.. just go to any curtain shop and ask abt it .. think it cost abt S$12 / 24 per m ..I bought it sometime back ..cant really remember...

Happy doing your curtains !!

Comment

Working...
                              X