Latin dance anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latin dance anyone?

Anyone here doing latin or ballroom dancing?

I have been very interested in latin musin and dance..wanted to join latin dance class during my hols but cannot find kaki.Now that my sch has reopened, guess I'll have to wait till I graduate. Anyone interested in joining anyway?

Comment

hmm i'm doing salsa rueda 3 with paphio and lluvia pretty fun... though i dunno if that's what you're looking for... i think there is argentine tango class at xenbar on tuesdays for free...

Comment

For Argentina tango, go www.tangosingapore.com

Merengue, rhumba are all fun too :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vandalin
          hmm i'm doing salsa rueda 3 with paphio and lluvia pretty fun... though i dunno if that's what you're looking for... i think there is argentine tango class at xenbar on tuesdays for free...
          Rueda 3 already?

Comment

yeah... how time flies when you're having fun...

Comment

i am hoping to pick up salsa...haha don't have the guts to go jitterbugs or the more popular ones...going to hide out at some cave of a CC and try first...any good recommendation for schools cept those babelicious filled ones?

Comment

hey. i wanna learn too. either salsa or lindy..hmmm. alya if ya find a class and i have the time and money! i'll join you if i can!

Comment

swell! i will keep you notified!

Comment

I am keen to learn too but Salsa needs partnerwork?

Comment

Originally posted by Vandalin
                      yeah... how time flies when you're having fun...
                      Envy !! I seldom practise my salsa these days... and still suck terribly at my double turns...

Comment

Originally posted by strawberry_lush
                        I am keen to learn too but Salsa needs partnerwork?

Don't worry about going alone or with just female friends, there will be males around for practise :D tho' not as many females hehehehe

Comment

My interest for Latin dance came after watching how the champions dance...

anyone learn from Shawn and Gladys DanceWorld before?

Comment

Originally posted by jemay

anyone learn from Shawn and Gladys DanceWorld before?
                            my mom and her kakis learning from them, but they are the most expensive ballroom and latin classes around, and they are pretty rigid in their teaching cuz they emphasise a lot on form and correctness and they are also very much into competitive dancing. Guess cuz they have a reputation to maintain ***. I've taken lessons in rhumba, salsa, cha cha and argentine tango before. Nowadays no more time to go dancing.

Comment

yup.. i was interested in learning the ballroom dances as well... but just didn't find enough reasons to do so. It's like, if you have finish the courses, what do you do? There aren't many opportunities to dance in singapore, right?! so after the courses, you chuck away those dancing shoes of yours?! anyone have any idea that after course, is there any place for such dancing?

Comment

Working...
                              X