Kite-flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kite-flying

I wanna give someone a surprise experience at kite-flying.

Does anyone here knows where the good old kites are available for sale? And anywhere else for kiteflying besides in Marina?

TIA!

Hey Dearie, I can't think of anywhere else except Marina South. What about Westcoast and Eastcoast?Personally,I've tried it at East Coast..but it was a total flop! Just recalled something and I don't know if I am too outdated to find it special. During one of my picnics at East Coast, I saw someone playing remote control kite and it looks very nice...with lights too!

Where do they sell kites? I usually get it from Marina South too.But since you said that it is meant to be a surprise,why don't you make your own kite? Should be even more touching! But in case it couldn't fly, you might want to buy one kite for back up!

Comment

the remote control kite idea sounds so cool!! i'm sure u know who will love it!

i'm not sure if i can make my own kite.. it's been ages since i make one.. but u've got a great idea.. thanks!

p.s. maybe i should go and check out marina first..

Comment

my bf and i decide on kite-flying with our dog at east coast park,which is nearer than marina south this sat. I need to ??? whether r there kites for sale there and where? And where's the exact location for kite-flying at east coast park, thanks! And can pets enter that area?

Comment

Bumping this up... anyone has any idea where to buy kites besides Marina South?

Comment

does anyone knows where to buy kites? TIA

Comment

Kites should be available wherever kite flying is possible! I remember Pasir ris park sells, think east coast does too. Those kinda stalls that sell drinks and random little stuff like bubble blowers, etc etc.

Comment

there seem to be less places for kite-flying....

Comment

Used to see kites at the common neighbourhood bookshops or mama shops... No-frills kites but you may break it anyway..
                  The last we tried at Marina but it was a flop. Can't fly it up then it starts to rain.
                  No more tries after that!

Comment

Oh Pasir ris park is one good place. There is a big clearing near the People Association where group of kite flyers gather. Some of the kites are very pro, size is as big as a bed! I went before with my dog and a picnic. So breezy, the kite simply stays up in the sky 'til i was lazy to hold just tied to my bag, & enjoy the picnic. Be sure to buy extra roll of string cos the default length is really short, and your kite ends up so much lower- no kick. hehe..

Comment

can we still fly kite at marina south? cos i think that whole plc is closed already right? kite flying sounds like a good fun activity!

Comment

Where can we get good kites? & i know punggol end is good area to fly kites! You can see lotsa ppl there flying kites!

Comment

which part of punggol end?

Comment

No designated kite-fying area and hard to find shops selling kites these days...how to fly a kite then?

Comment

Working...
                            X