Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwan Online Shopping Problem

Needing help, i like to purchase some apparel from
    taiwan but im stuck at the payment thing.

I've checkout my bank and singpost, but both replied
    me something about not sure of taiwan side things and
    asked me to look for other ways before going back to them if
    really no solutions. :note:

Yikes!So now im stuck, i cant send concealed cash because it's
    risky as there's mail lost or even still, the receiver can claim that
    they didnt receive it!!

Have any cotters here use the Telegraphic transfer?(i heard that it's expensive)
    Or, is there any other recommendations to send my payment?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Topaz,

My sister is in Taiwan, perhaps you could pm me the site and the apparels you're interested to buy? You could transfer the payment to my POSB account. HTH

Comment

Hi Nitefrost, thanks for helping and i've pmed you.
      Btw, what's HTH?

Comment

Not Nitefrost but HTH means Hope that helps.

Comment

Oh~ thanks Dimples for explaining that

Comment

Actually what i did is i seal the money in the envelope and send as registered mail. I always to that and so far dome a few transaction the other party receive the money.

Comment

Originally posted by cutiepie
              Actually what i did is i seal the money in the envelope and send as registered mail. I always to that and so far dome a few transaction the other party receive the money.
              I have even sent out concealed cash through normal postage. So far, no problems... I just disguise it as a birthday card

Comment

Try remittance

You can try remittance too.. I did that a couple of times to send money to my sis in Taiwan. They get it the very next day.

How it works is this - you need the name, bank name and a/c no of the taiwan a/c holder. A fee would be chargeable.

The singapore remittance merchant would send a request to its taiwanese staff. The staff would transfer the money to the said account the very next day.

only thing u must note is that you will not be able to provide info to the seller as to what USERNAME was used by the taiwanese staff who did the transfer. THis info is crucial to the seller as he/she might have several transfer of the same amt on the same day and he/she won't know which is from you.

ERm.. i am kinda confused by my own message.. hope this is just an illusion.. can't help it.. monday blues..

Comment

Originally posted by cutiepie
                  you actually did that ????i usually use credit card to buy books from taiwan.

Comment

i always send by registered mail, i have sent up to SGD$500 worth of NT money.. no problem so far~

Comment

Wow, so many of you send through normal mail, how long does it takes to reach the other party?

And how do some of you managed to send through registered mail? i thought there's rule saying no sending of cash through registered mail?

I thought that the post office people will ask you what's inside and fill in the registered mail form? :huh:

Comment

try slotting the money in between a greeting card

the card's thick enough to hide the cash plus people might just think it's a birthday card & wouldn't bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by topaz
                          Wow, so many of you send through normal mail, how long does it takes to reach the other party?

And how do some of you managed to send through registered mail? i thought there's rule saying no sending of cash through registered mail?

I thought that the post office people will ask you what's inside and fill in the registered mail form? :huh:
                          Registered mail is only $2 on top of the airmail rates so better play safe!

My colleague from China once sent back cash to his parents in China and the mail was lost. He sent it thru normal mail and it was just a $10 note just to let his folks at home take a look at the SG currency... For bigger sum, I guess it is still safer to send via registered

Comment

I usually send cash when I buy from HK or taiwan Yahoo... seemz pretty fast.

Comment

My letter got despatched to taiwan on Monday, how long will it take to reach taiwan??? Coz i check the taiwan website but dont haf my letter information!!! *WORRIED*

Comment

Working...
                              X