Photos displayed on wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos displayed on wall

I have a bunch of photos I want to display on my currently-bare wall. Any suggestions how to hang them all up easily? Without resorting to blu-tack? I also don't want to frame them

If no strong direct wind or near aircon vent, string them up & hang from top of wall? Can strin some simple decor between them to act as form of weight?

Ok Ok. Just suggestion. I am in no position to talk as i am too lazy to even develop my digi-fotos now.

Problem w/ using digicam nowadays i believe.

Comment

but if i string them the photos will be damaged...

Comment

Hey if u don't frame up / slot your photos in a plastic protection film i think you photos' color will fade in no time...i had my photos pin up onto the "cockboard" and after a year or so the color turns dull...

Actually if u still want to string ur photos, there's still way not to damage them. U can stick "extensions" and poke the hole there....im bad at description....sorry if u dont get what i mean....

Comment

the photos will fade? Hmm now that's a thought. but my room doesn't get direct sunlight, maybe it won't?

Yes I understand your extension idea! That still involves 'sticking' an extension to the photo

Comment

If you're worried about sticking stuff to your photos, how about using sturdy cards slightly bigger than your photos & cutting slots to slide the 4 corners in? then you can stick the card to the wall instead of directly on the photos?

Comment

hey blinkiebug thats another great idea!! hee daphz maybe u can consider?

Btw my notice board is also not exposed to direct sunlight...its further inside my room away from my windows....one is north one is south....haha....i do not know why the color fade also...you may want to take note and be safer

Comment

which are the types of prints that are more likely to fade after time? Glossy or matte? haha sorry for my ignorance..

Comment

I hear that matte lasts longer, but I always develop glossy... so much more vibrant.

Thanks to all for the suggestions

I've decided to put my photos in lomurellos and hang them down from the ceiling. Like this:

Of course this is not my room. Just a pic
                  Last edited by daphz; 03-12-2004, 02:34 PM.

Comment

what are lomorellos? can't view yr picture...where to get them? thanks!

Comment

daintee: hope you can see it now, I edited the code

Lomurellos are photo albums that can 'hang down', like in the picture above. In fact, this shop was where I first saw these lomo albums.

Comment

hi daphz, thanks! the shop you're referring to, is lomography.com right? if you're ordering, can i order together with you please?

Comment

daphz: thanks for the reply gal!

Comment

Originally posted by daintee
                            hi daphz, thanks! the shop you're referring to, is lomography.com right? if you're ordering, can i order together with you please?
                            No, this shop was in Hongkong. It's available online at lomography.com, if you want to buy. Or try Kino at Taka, maybe have.

Comment

ikea recently has some nice wall hangings for photos

Comment

Working...
                              X