Win XP Professional Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP Professional Installation

I've borrowed the Win XP installation disc from a friend who just bought Dell PC recently. But my own non-dell PC prompt me to key in the passwords for the key numbers? any one out there knows how do i get the password??

Do you mean the serial number? If so it should come with the installation disk. Else ask your friend if she/he has it.

Comment

I've the whole disk (it's a new one). But funny thing is, it don't have any serial number behind?? My friend actually told me that she has to call up dell's automated line to get the password. But another friend of mine told me that i can request the serial number from another person who has the Win XP disk( but must not be from Dell) because the disk came from Dell don't provide any serial numbers?? So confused, any one out there have the original one whereby can give me the serial number?

Comment

Didn't your friend copy down the number when she called Dell previously? She really should have seeing as the number is needed whenever you decide to reformat/reinstall your OS. Why don't you just get your friend to call up Dell to askagain?

Comment

I thought the OS will be preinstalled in any new PC/laptop? The serial number is usually printed or labelled somewhere...(for laptop, it's under it..)

Comment

What the point of getting a real XP while u using a priated serial numbers?

Go to nearby shop and get a $10 copy. It serve u well in long term. Me using original XP, Cost abt $168.

Comment

if your friends's DELL pc already has the win xp installed when it was sent to her, then the software license key should be on a sticker stuck to her PC.

that also means the software is not legal for you to install on your pc. furthermore win xp requires activation via the internet, which means sending ur particulars back to microsoft.

with the new copyright laws, i say go legal. $168-$10 = $158
              not worth going to jail for

if you are a student, you can get it at a cheaper rate. or get someone at home who is a student or teacher to get an educational discount if it is for home use.

Comment

If u know ur facts, a copy of winxp cannot be install on 2 pc.

Comment

For security reason, better get a new orginal copy .
                  1) Updates for patches can be done if u use orginal CD.
                  2)No so much worries
                  3) Sometime pirates stuff will have some problem. Jus like my friend , alot of problem occurs after installed pirated.

That what i feel, me holding a orginal OS too..

Comment

The best deal is a get a brand new PC from DELL. Then no problem ?

Comment

hmmm obviously if the prob can be solved by buying a new PC, the cotter wouldnt be here asking?

Comment

If u scare of this, scare of that? Might as well get brand new one?

Comment

hmm if you have no advice, dont offer any
                          there is no need for rudeness here

Comment

Somehow you are being rude in the 1st place.

Comment

but isnt that case?
                              cotters come on here to seek for help/advice

if she can buy a PC, probably dont have to come on here and ask for advice
                              i wonder "scare of this and scare of that" what does it imply?

oh well, it is abit of a meaningless post anyway, dont u agree?

oh, i wasnt rude, it is the way i am
                              depends on how u see it

Comment

Working...
                              X