Dog or Cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog or Cat?

I am thinking about owning either a pet dog or cat. The problem is in the daytime from 11am - 5pm there won't be anyone in the house. I'm afraid it would be lonely or angry if i lock it in a cage.

Is it wise to rear one? :huh:
    Yes I have a doggie
    42.34%
    Yes I have a cat
    14.41%
    Yes I have more than one
    14.86%
    No I don't own any pets
    28.38%

That's one of the reason why I insist of not getting a dog even though hubby keep pestering me about it. The poor thing will be lonely most of the days. I guess it's a bit better with cats since they are more solitary animals than dogs.

Comment

I have a 7-year-old dog who simply hates to be left alone, even for half an hour or so. He'll sulk at the doorway and throw a tantrum if we don't pay attention to him. I would say...it's not a good idea to keep a dog if no one's going to be at home for long periods of time. Six hours may be a little too long. I'm not too sure about cats.

Comment

My two dogs bring so much joy to the family!!! My parents and parents-in-law miss them more than they miss us!

Comment

Dogs are pack animals and most are highly sociable. Even the less sociable old grouches will form a strong attachment to at least one human in the family.

If no one will be home for most of the day, I wouldn't get a dog. The dog would be lonely, and I could never bring myself to cage a dog up for most of its waking hours.

I think cats do better on their own, although your best bet would probably be something like fish, which are quite independent, or hamsters, which are nocturnal.

Comment

a golden retriever Nic? they are gorgeous!!! please share some pics of them! if you prefer, please send via email =)

i love love ur avator! cozy looks beautiful! after seeing ur cats, i went around searching for persian pics! surprisingly, most of them are not as adorable - i figured i didnt really like "flat face" cats.

Comment

I love dogs! Although I don't fancy cats, I don't hate them either.

My favourite dog would be the golden retriever! I simply adore big, friendly dogs!

There was a saying which goes "When you give food to dogs, they see you as god. When you give food to cats, they see themselves as god". I don't know how true that is. Cat lovers, please don't bash me up!

Comment

I prefer cats to dogs... but I already have two adorable pet rabbits at home...

Comment

i like most dogs and some cats only.

n my bf dislike cats.

so there... cannot have cats next time.

i have hamsters too! n i love my robos!!!
                  Last edited by pulpy; 14-02-2005, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I own a pair of robos too!
                    Give me a dog anytime, I just don't have a thing for cats/kittens.

Comment

I've got 4 cats at home, 5 including the one I took home earlier on. But I'm putting up the one I picked up for adoption.

Anyway, I don't think caging up cat/dog for 6 hours is a good idea. They'll probably feel lonely and uncomfortable. Maybe put them in a room when you are not at home? At least they can still walk around.

Comment

i have 2 doggies...
                        i feel that it's ok to leave your dogs home in the day as long as they're not puppies still or need special attention... especially if you have a garden so they can entertain themselves...
                        i leave my dogs home when i go out, and they're totally fine with it. of course they will want to leave with me, but you have to discipline them and let them know that you still love them and will be back at night.. their seperation anxiety will wear out and after a while they will understand and get the message.
                        but you must remember to shower them with lots of attention when you are home...

Comment

I love dog,don't think cat is very unfaithful animal when they hungry ,they will come to you if not they just away and cat have some kind of disease in their body,human skin will get itchy.Dog is different man best friend follow you to jogging ,play with you,they understand what you say and what you doing.My dog bring my family so much joy.My fiance hate cat too

Comment

I have a dog.

Click here for it picture and videos.

Comment

i dont have a dog or cat
                              but i would like to have 2 dogs- 1 pomenarian and 1 shih tzu
                              next time

Comment

Working...
                              X