Kitchen Cabinet Color (surface Top)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Cabinet Color (surface Top)?

I was thinking of having a new kitchen cabinet and wondering if anyone here is using light color for the surface top and darker tone for the drawers+cabinet?

Currently, my house is grey surface top. My SO said that having a light color top will make scratches etc less obvious. However, I feel otherwise. From light reflection, scratches can be seen very clearly for light tone surface and its a chore to clean it too.

anyone cares to share on this? Thanks!

My kitchen cabinet surface is black! I think is ok. Cant see dirt easily, but i can still spot ants crawling on my black surface!

Comment

What kind of kitchen worktop do you intend to use?

I'm having silver cabinets with India Blue Pearl granite worktop. So far, so good.

India Blue Pearl grantie

Picture from this website
      Last edited by dolphin; 21-02-2005, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Nowadays the material used are , light shades are no problem. visit your contractor or go showflat for ideas??

mine is stainless steel top & bottom on lower part, no top cabinet. imagine *tze cha stall or hotel kitchen!!!

*tze cha = coffeeshop restaurant

Comment

Mine looks like this

Okie, the focus was not exactly on the kitchen cabinet but it's the closest to what i have in my pc now..

My kitchen top is black in color (granite top) and cabinets are a mixture of the 2 colors in the photo but mostly the light yellow more..

Hths..

p.s: the girl in the pic isn't me..
          Last edited by cherie; 21-02-2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Mine is a white Corian top with dark grey kitchen cabinets

Comment

Hi VinLongo,

I foud below website has great info on the pros and cons on the material use for counter top. I personally think colours comes later after choosing the appropriate material of your needs for counter top.
              Granite is porous, marble is great if you love baking but also porous, solid surface is in trend and you can get it in 1 slab with no ugly joint lines. Most toilet you see in commercial building are using solid surface. Corian (demigodess uses) is one of the famous brand. LG Hi-macs is another one.
              http://www.info.com.my/prod02.htm

Below link helps visualising when selecting different colour of counter top. The same website below also has section telling you how you should take care of you counter top given the material chose.
              http://www.lghi-macs.com/colors_design.html

Personally, I'm more particular on having a low maintenance counter top. The next time you visit a public toilet take note on the basin counter to see what colour don't show gunk that easily and take note also the cutting/trimming, how the joint to the wall surface is sealed. These are all minute details but hard to clean areas.
              Last edited by GG; 21-02-2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the contributions! I was introduced to this Corian top by the renovation co. and they normally ask for top up in cash for this brand. Said to be good.... and yes, like what Jemay said, my house's grey top can see ants crawling too!

ernis, stainless stain shown the scratches easily isnt it? and wow, must cost a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by VinLongo View Post
                  I was thinking of having a new kitchen cabinet and wondering if anyone here is using light color for the surface top and darker tone for the drawers+cabinet?

Currently, my house is grey surface top. My SO said that having a light color top will make scratches etc less obvious. However, I feel otherwise. From light reflection, scratches can be seen very clearly for light tone surface and its a chore to clean it too.

anyone cares to share on this? Thanks!
                  There are various of solid surface to choose from.

You can visit to find out more: Solid Surface Countertops | Black Galaxy Granite Countertop | Quartz Countertop | Silestone Countertop

Comment

Working...
                  X