Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert from video to VCD

I need help from tech gurus!

How do i convert video tapes to VCDs? Where can i find this service and how much would it cost me ?

Me no tech guru!! But i believe you can try some of those photo shops? Some of them offer these services as I have seen them list it down in their shop before. But IIRC, it's not very cheap! think it's over $10, but not too sure~

Comment

depends on the format of your video. local ones are easy to settle.

u want freelancer? this young chap is friendly & quite cheap ([email protected]).

most shops charge based on time stretch on video. he charges 1 flat fee if not wrong. talk to him or email him....

but if yours is of non-standard, do seek help from professionals. about 30 to 40 bucks for 1st 20-30mins. i can't recall very well, sorry.

Comment

I think I used to see such a service offered at Marina Square before the major renovations. Not sure if the shop is still there. Costs something like $10 per hour. Quite ex. I feel.

If you want to do it yourself, you would need to get a TV capture card and/or the S-cable. You should be able to find this at funan or sim lim. Then you would need to connect it to your computer your VCR to your computer and some software before you can start transferingthe images over.

Alternatively, I suggest you get a DVD recorder. Hehe. Then you can just copy your video tape stuff to DVDs directly. Much easier.

HTHs!

Comment

There's a shop at Little India that does this (or maybe more than one). My friend has hers done there. I can get the address if anyone needs it.

Comment

Similar topic, but I would like to know how to convert my digital camcoder tape to vcd? I have managed to capture the digital video tape into my PC as a huge MPEG file, now I need a software to create a vcd.

I tried downloading some free software to do this but the quality of the vcd was really bad, I suspect the compression was too much such that alot of the information was lost resulting in poor resolution.

Can anyone recommend a better VCD creator software? And whether it's freeware or need to buy. Thanks.

Comment

i was told the software for convertion of tape to vcd will automatic be given to you when you purchase the digicam

if you need help you can try going down to sim lim square if not wrong there's one shop at level 5 doing the covertion...but is not cheap about 30-40 for the master copy

Comment

The software to do that should be included with the camcoder... Unless you wan to do editing (which is so tedious!), it should be a breeze doing it yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick
                  I tried downloading some free software to do this but the quality of the vcd was really bad, I suspect the compression was too much such that alot of the information was lost resulting in poor resolution.

resolution will more or less reduce..but if your software is those very very good and expensive one...then i think the result will be better...

Originally posted by mogmick
                  Can anyone recommend a better VCD creator software? And whether it's freeware or need to buy. Thanks.

i dont think is a freeware...you can buy it at sim lim square or funna it mall

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn99
                    The software to do that should be included with the camcoder... Unless you wan to do editing (which is so tedious!), it should be a breeze doing it yourself...

ya rite! editing is not easy...but even if you get someone to convert..i think they will just convert the whole thing to the vcd without editing...and if you want them to edit ..i think the charges must be even more expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by moonstone
                      ya rite! editing is not easy...but even if you get someone to convert..i think they will just convert the whole thing to the vcd without editing...and if you want them to edit ..i think the charges must be even more expensive...
                      Editing was a killer! I spent 8 hours editing, and the end result: a 10 minute video.. But there was a lot of crappy stuff that I had to cut out.. So a lot of screen transitions etc to do

Yup, if you asked to convert to VCD format only, it will exclude editing.. If include editiong definitely more expensive...

Comment

wow!!! 8 hours spent for a 10 minute video?? wow!! that's very long no wonder the labour cost is expensive...is really not easy!! job lynn99!! i dont think i have the patient... i really you...

Comment

Hahaha, it probably took so long cos the file was huge (computer's slow), and I was inexperienced.. An expoerience guy would probably take a hour's time.. No need to , I HAD to do it cos it was my ROM video and we wanted to show it during the wedding dinner.. Was on a super thight budget so had to DIY

Comment

Somehow the software that came with my digicam is not very good. There's not much options in creating the VCD and I always get an error msg saying that insufficient space in the disc. I have no options of breaking up the "movie" into two discs so I can't seem to create any VCDs with this darn program. My digicam is quite old (about 3-4 yrs old) so I guess that's why the software is so crap

Comment

Working...
                            X