Home Sewing Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Sewing Machine

I intend to get a home sewing machine. Any recommendations of a good brand? I have not yet to check out the machines at Courts or those electrical shops...

What's your budget?

I know Singer is a very old and established brand and I also like Electrolux but I doubt you can find the latter being sold nowadays. I saw a Singer model being sold for $299 at Courts yesterday.

Comment

i'm using a brother sewing machine at home. my school uses the same brand for their overlock machine so i guess it's a reputable and good brand. lots of my course people use that brand too. price range is really wide so it's easy to find one to fit your budget

Comment

Well, i've heard raves about brother machine. Anyway thanks teiko n babydoll, i shall go to Courts to have a look these few days...

Comment

may i know where i can get brother sewing machine?

Comment

hi bump2, courts do sell brother. u can have a look at their wesbite but i think there will be more varieties at the store itself.

Comment

best denki sells them too i bought mine from there.. hth!

Comment

may i know how much u pay for ur sewing machine?? is urs a higher range or lower range?

Comment

i paid close to 1k for mine... it's one of the higher ones i think, but they do have 1k and over machines too. i use mine quite intensively because i'm a apparel design student. mine comes fully electronic, and other wider range of functions e.g. 37 different kind of stitches, 'automatic' threading of bobbin. for simple home sewing like mending of clothes or hems, i think the lower range ones would do fine. i think it's quite painful to part with so much money just for a sewing machine - would rather spend it on shopping. HTH!

Comment

Brother is good. I have been using mine for quite a few years. they have features like sewing button holes , simple overlocking and such. I paid $499 abt 3 years ago. Not sure what's the price range now though.

By the way ,
                    babydoll : U from ADM ?

Comment

wow 1k for a sewing machine i wo'nt bear to part my money.. Haha...
                      But i think for those lower range 300-400 is quite resonable. Am I right?

Comment

i will go down to take a look, most likely, i will go for lower range, cant bear to part with my money, then i can use the money to go for shopping

besides i m not an expert, i m using it for my hobby, sewing and making bags for my own use.... cheap ones should be more than enough i hope

Comment

chibibambi: yup. from adm

Comment

ADM still select students by testing them on sewing/designing??

Comment

haha... don't think so. At least now these few years. When I was in there , my sewing always "C" one. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X