Living Dead Dolls/Little Apple Dolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Dead Dolls/Little Apple Dolls

Does anyone know where can I find these dolls locally? Besides Far East, any other places?
    My parents don't allow me to get from overseas

I guess common places are Central Mall, Wheelock, Clarke Quay.
    Lucky Chinatown B3 got a hardcore toy store, maybe u can try your luck there?

Kinokuniya's toys section does sell these too, doesn't they? The Bugis Junction one may have??

Comment

Have you check yahoo? My friend got them online i think.

Comment

I'm curious so went to surf to see what they are and I was rather shocked esp when I saw pics of the living dead dolls. err... pardon me if I sound daft, but why in the world do you wanna have the living dead/apple dolls? To display them in your room or look at them or what? Hmmm, is it just me or are they *seriously* errie? They are supposedly brutally murdered children who became ghosts or something like that? Sorry, I have a rather weak heart pertaining to such things these days

Comment

i bought my living dead dolls (LDD) from Falcon's Hangar in bukit timah plaza... they have a website, but i forgot the add, maybe can do a yahoo search on it?

the owners are LDD collectors, they bring in (i think) all series of LDD, big and mini collections.... they also sell some other collectibles, not sure about the apple dolls though. they are not opened on weekends by the way...

HTHs~

Comment

mango; I'm getting for a friend Actually I like of like them as well. Hee. Especially the apple dolls.

Bukit Timah Plaza.. Isit near NP? Thanks lots!

Comment

I bought my LDDs a long time ago from a shop along Clarke Quay. Recently though, I spotted a shop in Bugis Junction selling LDD and other toys from comics or cartoons. The shop's located next to Kinokuniya, so you may like to check it out. Not too sure about pricing though. They sell Happy Tree Friends figurines too! Really adorable!

Comment

hmm for those of you who collects/owns these, what do you do with them? Do you feel errie when you look at them?

Comment

Originally posted by weiqi
                  Bukit Timah Plaza.. Isit near NP? Thanks lots!
                  it's near a poly but i dont know which poly... :Doh:
                  i know bus 171 goes there and you can take this bus from dhoby ghaut and newton...

it's near mamboo billards, the first time i went i couldn't find it, but luckily i have the shop's tel no.

Comment

(wrt mango's post)
                    i only have the mini collection, i used some as keychain but no longer do so now...

i think the LDD are nice though.. however, i put the box facing the wall...

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                      hmm for those of you who collects/owns these, what do you do with them? Do you feel errie when you look at them?
                      hi mango, i'm not a collector.... and i do find it eerie too. but i remember coming across a local TV programme once (some months back), that interviewed a young lady who collects the living dead dolls. that girl is young, looked pretty and sweet (in a punk-girl manner)... but she said those dolls are like her friend, she feels that they protect her *shrugs*

well, to each of his own, i guess.

Comment

now that's weird... protection?! i thought they were ok until i read mango's post about them being murdered children turning into ghosts... :puke: now they scare the hell out of me..

Comment

Err, I don't think the dolls are modelled after dead/murdered children. I think the creators did model some of the dolls after certain characters in classic horror flicks, such as Damian (the anti-christ) from the Omen.

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with sleeping with the dolls in your room. I have two of the dolls, and they face me when I work, etc. I admit I got a little creeped out initially when one of my friends told me the story of how someone's dead doll got possessed and started 'moving' around at night, but that did not happen to me. So, I'm cool with them.

As weird as this sounds, I even think they're pretty in a morbid way.

Oh yeah, those who're interested in the dolls may check them out on www.livingdeaddolls.com

Comment

i love the LDDs and wanted to start a collection as one of my ex-classmate used to work in a collectible toy shop...but my mum kinda freaked when i showed her the pics of the dolls (as expected) so plan abolished..but i never fail to admire the dolls each time i see dem...

they are morbid to a certain extent but still i prefer them over transformers anytime..hiak hiak hiak

Comment

I love dolls but still stick to the good old Barbie dolls. I have 3 miniature Disney Princess Barbie dolls at home. Don't bear to display them. They are still nicely tucked in their original box, inside my cupboard. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X