LCD/Plasma TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD/Plasma TV

I'm going to upgrade to an LCD TV. Any recommendations for value for money LCD TVs? There are alot of new brands out there which are really cheap. Anybody with any experiences with these in terms of product quality,after sales service etc?

TIA!

heard that lg not bad for me I prefer sony or toshiba..

Comment

you have bought sony and toshiba lcd tvs before? which models? which one is good? share your experience?

or do you mean you prefer lg? sorry don't really understand your post

Comment

haha sorry...
        I'm using toshiba brand which is a 42inchs quite good..
        but my friend using LG now said quite good also..
        think you better go n take a look so you know which you need...
        there's a place sell quite cheap is a warehouse if i'm not wrong...
        at aljunied...

Comment

42 inches? i believe yours must be a plasma, haven't seen lcd in that size i think.
          i'm looking for lcd tv actually. topic is just to incorporate all flat panels.

plasma tv gives off radiation as well. i'm looking for a lcd as it supposedly does not.

which part of aljunied? thanks!

Comment

haha...actually quite near to mrt...you need to cross over the bridge to walk to a blue building if i'm not wrong...
            think the whole building sell electrical product at cheaper price...

Comment

We hv 2 samsung tvs in our home for yrs! So far they didnt give us any problem.

Comment

anyone owns a Sony Bravia?

any other brand to recommend before i take the plunge?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelz
                  there's a place sell quite cheap is a warehouse if i'm not wrong...
                  at aljunied...
                  Is that "Audio House"??

Comment

Can try Fujitsu.. they's known for their plasma too... you can't find fujitsu plasma in courts/ best denk i as i heard its not sold out in the marketplace. Have to contact the distributor (AsiaPac) or Fujitsu HQ..

Comment

actually plasma better or LCD better? i'm very confuse cos some say plasma better some say no...anyone here can tell me?

Comment

me no guru, my DH is but me too lazy to ask him.

LCD consumes lesser power, emits lesser heat, lesser or zero chance of having burntmark.
                        but more ex, but in 2 years' time, plasma would be phased off i heard.

Comment

LCD got higher contrast and is sharper. the possible defects are dead pixels (black spots) or bright spots just like our lcd monitors. if you intend to use your tv to surf the net and read text, lcd is definitely better. plasma is cheaper for equivalent size so if you are just going to watch movies and want something big screen for lesser $$$, plasma is good enough.

Comment

vernis & wanderlust

just went to the website of sony & LG to check...the price are still very expensive.. but it's really slim can save space...cos HDB flat getting smaller...hai...so think is worth getting one LCD cos like u said Plasmas phrasing out soon...

Comment

I read that Hitachi's Plasma tv series are the ones which won the Overall Best Plasma TV award?
                              Currently my mom bought one and I find it quite okay but of course the heat and the chances of burnmarks are high. What I usually do is occasionally do a screen wipe to prevent the burnmarks from happening and also to retain the quality of the plasma better

Comment

Working...
                              X