Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass or Plastic Blender

Ladies, need some advice

If I want to make ice-blended drinks or smoothies, would it be more advisable to use a glass blender or plastic blender? IIRC, I noticed Coffee Bean uses a glass blender to make their ice-blended drinks. Would a plastic blender spoil easily if I use it to blend ice?

a glass blender would be more advisable cause glass blenders are specially for making such drinks.

the important thing is that the blade has to be strong enough to shave glass and its powerful enough that it doesn't get stuck halfway. plastic blenders usually have thinner bladers so they have a higher risk of breaking.

perhaps you could confirm with the salespeople at your favourite electrical store.

Comment

Thanks babe! Will go check out the glass blenders then! Wonder if Courts has got anything good on their 31st Anniversary

Comment

glass would be better.. i noticed that all the places that i go to for milkshakes or blended drinks uses glass blender.. more durable i guess.. but glass blenders not so cheap right?

Comment

ya~ the better ones usually costs about $100+ But I've seen CK Tangs having promo for certain brands, probably $60-$70+ for one, can't remember which brand though...

Comment

Anyone into juicing-blender? Need some recommendation. Easy to clean; hopefully keep within budget of $120. Thanks.

Comment

im using vitamix
              that time i bought was S$1688

Comment

efai, did i read $1688?? It's like a dozen more times than my budget.

Comment

absolutely correct

www.vitamix.com

worth every cent
                  Last edited by efai; 28-10-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X