Tear Stains on Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear Stains on Dogs

I have a mini maltese who has very bad tear stains problems. Does anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the tear stains or lessen it? I tried the tear stain remover from pet shops but it doesnt help. I gave him Vit C for dogs too but it hasnt help too.

You mean Scorbate? Either my dogs have no/little tear stains or Scorbate really works very well on them.

Other than that, you can always try Eye Envy. I have heard very good results. Check out http://www.eyeenvy.com for more information.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Sadly though, they don't carry eye envy in Singapore anymore. I think it wasn't too popular in Singapore.. MY mom wasn't keen on ordering them from overseas.

Comment

Oh they don't sell it anymore? Wow, I have a brand new set. Never touched because I don't feel the need to use it.

Comment

cornstarch powder keep the muzzles area dry and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by aposiopesis
            I have a mini maltese who has very bad tear stains problems. Does anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the tear stains or lessen it? I tried the tear stain remover from pet shops but it doesnt help. I gave him Vit C for dogs too but it hasnt help too.
            Hi,

I've got 2 mini malteses and they used to have very bad tear stains too. Like you, I've tried a couple of tear stain removers but they didnt help much

Then I switched to using a new shampoo (Bio-groom Super White). Also started cleaning their eye areas religiously twice everyday with wet cloth (plain water) and did regular trimming of the stained hair around the eye areas. A couple of months later, to my delight, the stains began to fade!

Guess there's no shortcut to maintaining malteses' white coat. Regular cleaning is still the best bet!

Comment

Working...
            X