Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yucky House Lizards!!

Hiya Girls!

Anyone has suggestions (or experience) on how to "deter" house lizards from entering the house, so to speak?? It's I-R-R-I-T-A-T-I-N-G...

I heard they are afraid of pepper. how true I am not sure... :roll:

Comment

Hmmm...o..k....now here's the tricky part....how on earth do I hang peppers around the house??...hey but thanks for the info. I am compiling a list of suggestions what I can do...hmmm..probably after this is all over, I can then write a book about it - "How to keep lizards at bay"?? Hahahaha!!

Comment

I hate it when they shit on my walls...arghz...
        hey does anyone knows how to get rid of ants , these days a lot in my house. I tried those poison for killing ants but no use.

Comment

Epps! I am terribly scared of lizards too. Stepped on one in the dark and i nearly screamed my head off.

What i tried and did worked is this lizard trap i bought. It's actually just a simple shallow box where you can peel off a very sticky layer at the bottom of the box. It also come with a small pill where you stick onto the sticky base. This scent is kind of "fishy" and is supposed to attract lizards.

I placed the box for 2 days in my kitchen (where most of the lizards are) and caught about 3-4 lizards each time. They will just stick onto the sticky base after they entered the sallow box.

The funny thing is that usually it is the young and smaller size ones that got caught. You know those fat and dark and scaly ones? Just can't seem to catch them. But luckily, when most of the younger ones are caught, those old and fat ones also seem to appear less.

Comment

I know which one!!!!
            I have that too . Havn't started using yet. My mum bought from OG a few days ago.
            Shall set up a few later .

Comment

I also have a problem with lizards! they so big & fat that when they move around sometimes you can hear them bumping in the cupboards..
              My mum tried opening once and she freaked out when she saw the fat lizard staring back at her

With the lizards, there seem to have an increase in ants which was pure manice..

And for the 1st time in around two years at least i saw cockroaches in the house :Doh:

So anything works for any of these girls please advise too?

Comment

Nothing seems to get rid of lizards. Let me know if anyone finds the secret formula!

With ants and cockroaches, we get the pest control guyz to come once a month, no more roaches and ants!

Comment

I use this chalk that are supposed to keep creepy crawlies out and it has worked for me very well. I think my mom got them from places like handifix or you can always try some neighbourhood shops too.

Comment

Originally posted by snowstar
                    Nothing seems to get rid of lizards. Let me know if anyone finds the secret formula!

With ants and cockroaches, we get the pest control guyz to come once a month, no more roaches and ants!
                    hi snowstar, do any recommendations on pest control operators and their pricing?

Comment

Hey thanks girls! I'm going to get myself some of this chalks and that sticky lizard trap thingy...!!! Will report the results

Comment

very timely thread. i have a resident big fat ugly lizard that i've been trying to get rid of for ages. i never knew there were devices for getting rid of them.

i am so freaked out by lizards even more than cockroaches, that reading this thread and all the descriptions is enough to send shudders down my spine

want to try this chalk thing too. don't think i have the guts to clear the box with the lizard stuck inside... eeewwwww

Comment

[QUOTE=ponine]Epps! I am terribly scared of lizards too. Stepped on one in the dark and i nearly screamed my head off.

What i tried and did worked is this lizard trap i bought. It's actually just a simple shallow box where you can peel off a very sticky layer at the bottom of the box. It also come with a small pill where you stick onto the sticky base. This scent is kind of "fishy" and is supposed to attract lizards.
                          QUOTE]

The box really works!! I got mine from Carrefour, abt 5 for $3.95 made in Japan... everytime can ensnare abt 2 or 3, but usually "teenage" sized ones... I've tried the ones sold at Daiso, same concept, they don't work at all, never caught any in those...

Now I got problem of ants running the edges of kitchen counter top.. have placed those tiny bait pellets but they're still running arnd...

Comment

Quite some time ago, a friend of mine gave me this liquid for mopping the floor. It is said to sort of, deter ants and other crawlies. I used it and it kind of worked cos there really weren't many ants then. I've used up the whole bottle now. It's called PowerMax (something like that..) does it ring a bell to anyone..if it does, can let me know where can I get it? Thanx!!

Comment

those chalks works for the ants. you can find them at those shops selling cheap cheap batteries etc. I got the chalk that says:

Miraculous Insecticide Chalk MADE IN CHINA . got it at $1 only

Comment

Working...
                              X