Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloe
    replied
    Is any good / bad contractors to rave / rant?

Leave a comment:

• VinLongo
    replied
    There's information on casement window issue at HDB website.so read up and you will get the idea. Some contractors are good, some are bad. so dont believe all of their words on changing all of the windows, especially when you are sliding ones. .

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    replied
    besides checking w/ your town council on requirement, maybe asked if that particular contractor that evaluated your case is on their approved contractor list. about year ago, has got some 'bogus' contractors came to my mum's place & 'pushed' their services so hard that the town council received endless complaints & quiries. Subsequently, a list of their approved contractors was made known (on block's noticeboard iirc).

Leave a comment:

• CheezeCake
    replied
    i think this is necessary rite?
    Heard the contractor telling my mom that she'll be fiend if she doesnt change
    *shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• VinLongo
    replied
    is it firm? if its still firm, you dont need to change. sliding is safer than casement IMO. less risk of falling down. maybe u like to get another contractor down?

Leave a comment:

• Ami
    replied
    I will have my rivet done tommorrow.Only my kitchen and my daughter's room window's rivet need to be change.Have to pay $30 plus to the contractor and the rest $50 plus to hdb later..

Leave a comment:

• PrettyPanda
    replied
    My contractor also told me that the glass of my toilet louvred window must be changed too! I called HDB and they told me no need Only need to change if the rivets are still aluminium. Mine are already stainless steel so they also say I don't have to do anything. A bit worried about this because I don't want to get into trouble later

Leave a comment:

• GG
    started a topic Window Legislation- retrofit by 30Sept2005

Window Legislation- retrofit by 30Sept2005

I believe many of you living in HDB flats may have already known this or even have fixed it.

I have a contractor evaluated my house and told me that my sliding window frames need to be changed, toilet louvered windows too besides the casement windows. In the end it's all the windows in the house need to be fixed up!!

I'm skeptical over changing my sliding window frames & toilet louvered windows.
    Will check with HDB if these are optional.
Working...
X