Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft swaps?

Hey babes,

anybody who does things like sewing, making accessories,etc. What do you guys think of a craft swap? E.g. Having a theme and then making something and swapping it around with fellow craftster cotters? Think it will be real fun... of course, we'll have guidelines so that everybody gets a fair deal. What do you guys think?

I love this idea

Comment

glad you like the idea!
      *p.s I can already think what i'm gonna make for you!

Comment

sounds wicked! So we make things and swap them?

Comment

Originally posted by after1998
          sounds wicked! So we make things and swap them?
          wow..just went to see your craft list..the handmade bags are so pretty!! you're really talented..haha..too bad i dont have a sewing machine..i love d.i.y so much!!

Comment

I wanna participate by buying them! Can?

Comment

glossie: you can join us by making something too!

after1998: yup girlie, make things and swap.

I think accessories e.g. pins, brooches, earrings, necklace is the best now. Cause it takes up less timing and not that hard to create, as compared to sewing a bag

bluetoast: you can join us by making accessories!

We could all come up with guidelines, and then post what we'll be making here,and the quantity we'll be making, and then all interested could pm one another, with a cotter/moderator to oversee if anybody senior here wants to volunteer What do you guys think? Please share all your ideas and comments :wow:

Comment

my first item up for the craft swap!

*Alice In Wonderland*Bracelet

~Made with pastel crystal beads and polished silver metal beads with alice in wonderland charm.
                ~willing to exchange for any accessories like earrings, necklace, etc.

Comment

I too think it's a fantastic idea. It'll encourage creativity.
                  Do we also need a "system" to measure the value of our "master pieces", like roughly tag it's cost of making.... something quantifiable. Also, not to forget what looks easy to make for some may not be the same case for others.

Regardless if it's earrings or handbags, I think most of the time it's the desgin of certain carftwork that determines the complication of producing it; hance effort needed.
                  Last edited by GG; 06-08-2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

i guess we could set a budget for the cost? e.g. $5 so whatever we do,we can make stuff above the value of $5 just not below,hence say if i make a felt pin,i have to make a few to be considered as one set to hit the "value".
                    Is it too complicated? I hope not

Comment

ange, just went to see your craft journal and woo, the earrings are so kick butt.

Comment

after1998: thanks babe! I love your stuff too! is the polka dot bag still up for grabs?

happybean: that sounds like a great idea! we can try that out!

anybody who has something to contribute can start posting

Comment

gosh happybean, some mathematician you are!!!

Comment

haha i agree with you!

Comment

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...n/100_0896.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...n/100_0895.jpg

here's mine! (:

Comment

Working...
                              X