Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find this kind of curtain?

Dear all,
    im searching for a kind of curtain which is something like "many many threads hanging from top to bottom instead of just a piece of cloth." Hope u get what i mean. I saw one at "The Little Match Girl" at Marina Square. I went around searching for it and some stores which custom-made curtains have it but its damn expensive. Costs around $800-$1000 for 14ft. But i heard from a friend Robinson sells it below $100 but they only have it during sales period (cos i check with the salesgirl there). Anyone has any idea where else has it??? Pls help... appreciate it!

u mean there are cloth loops (same material as the curtain body) around the curtain track??

Comment

something like this ???

Comment

Originally posted by vernis

These are called tab-top curtains (from the link provided by vernis).

Comment

sounds so foreign to me. might use this for my new place, looks quite a breeze/easy to 'handle'. no hook to meddlw with. Lazy me!!!

Comment

HI Vernis, its not that. Hmm.. its called "String Curtains". I just learnt it from a curtain shop. Tanjong Katong Complex has it but they are selling it at quite a high price. It costs between $500-$800 plus for 4metres. It's daylight robbery man! I went to quite a few places.. think i almost combed the whole of SIngapore where there are curtains retailers. I'm still searching for a cheaper one which i can hang it in my hse.... It's really nice..... if u happened to pop by any of those renovation companies, they might hang it in their shops. I think those designers must have grabbed all the stocks in Sg therefore the curtains are out of stock now!!! I'm looking for the black ones.

Comment

haha... i am really lost. got pic?

was told to get from M'sian supplier who drives in with van-ful of materials but i find them not that cheap either.

IMM has a real tiny shop tucked in one corner, sounds cheap but yet to ask for quote. u tried before? facing stretch of reno shops, one-man-operation by a lady named Irene iirc. if u have tried her, do let me know her rates.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                sounds so foreign to me. might use this for my new place, looks quite a breeze/easy to 'handle'. no hook to meddlw with. Lazy me!!!
                Tab-top curtains are easy to handle, but not very good if they're for a window where you frequently have to slide the curtains on a daily basis (e.g. to allow light into the room), bec. the tabs on top does not move very smoothly along the curtain rod, so it's quite difficult to pull smoothly. They are more useful for a room where you only want to tie up the curtains (in the middle) or for decoration, e.g. I use it in the spare bedroom.

Comment

Is this the one are you looking for? Is like long shape strings that made like curtains?
                  I also looking for this called one of the retailer in S'pore she charge me very expensive too!

Last edited by ChaCha_83; 08-11-2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Yes Cha Cha!! That's the one!!!!!!! Yeah Sg retailers sell damn ex! One shop at Centrepoint charge me $1k. Tanjong Katong retailers charge between 500-800 plus. I'm looking for black ones but till now i can't find it. If u don't mind rainbow colors, there's this shop at Furniture Mall on the ground level near to La Cafa charging at $100 per metre. But to me, it's still rather ex when i got to know Robinson selling it at $50 plus and a neighbourhood curtain retailer told me he used to sell them but no more.. he sold at $30 plus. But i know there are different qualities. However, to me it doesnt matter if the quality is just so-so.

Comment

:wow: eye-opener ah!!!! :wow: very expensive for these cute strings. match w/ dark stained wood very nice are they easy to meedle with? think if can wait, hold till Robinson sale

ok ok, when i go hunt house stuff, i try go contractor shops see

Polo thanks for yr tip. i guess u are so right. they are a pain to draw on daily basis. think stick to the convectional ones. now got to headache colours. long time no put my creative juices to work

Comment

Wow Robinson do sell cheap! Damn why they don't do the sale anymore . I lost hope on searching this one Custardberry cos is too expensive but it looks soo nice! Hmm don't think if i'm gonna get this curtain at a higher price.

Comment

Ya ChaCha i agree with you. I wouldnt wanna pay for such a high price for just Strings.. I've went to both Robinson and they claimed that they only sell it during their sales period which i find it rather silly. Maybe i'll just wait patiently for their next sales and go grab it on the 1st day of the sale!!! I hope by that time they still have it. One of the renovation company stuffs advised me that she bought it during the Robinson sale and it's rather cheap... I was so desperate to find the curtain until i reached to a point where i will go ask around at any curtain retailers my hubby and I passed by haha.. I'm checking it from overseas retailers (found out from the internet) and i'm waiting for their reply and it's not that ex as well. Will keep u updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Custardberry
                            One of the renovation company stuffs advised me that she bought it during the Robinson sale and it's rather cheap...
                            wow! this guy/lady so nice to share

Sale should be here soon

Comment

Its pretty...i would like those in my hse too
                              am still sourcing around for something for my windows till now

Comment

Working...
                              X