Dog Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Food

hi! just wonder what kind of food you are giving ur doggie??

i gave cesar to her.. but recently prices went up to 1.80 each tray..my pocket going to burn a hole soon..

Comment

my dogs used to be on BARF diet but now they switched to semi-BARF diet as they prefer the taste of cooked food. so dinner is beef with vegetable(once a while they get chicken breast meat) and supper is raw chicken wing tip(the small rear tip of the chicken wing), for their dose of calcium!

Comment

Originally posted by schnauzie
        my dogs used to be on BARF diet but now they switched to semi-BARF diet as they prefer the taste of cooked food. so dinner is beef with vegetable(once a while they get chicken breast meat) and supper is raw chicken wing tip(the small rear tip of the chicken wing), for their dose of calcium!
        BARF?? didnt heard of it??

Comment

BARF is a holistic way of rearing dogs..it stands for "Bones And Raw Food" diet

Comment

My SO poor dog is allergic to lots of food(Will develop serious itch). Dry food, white & brown rice , wheat etc is removed from her diet 1 yr ago. So she is some sort of a vegetarian, only vegetables and fruits. Poor dog, slim down a lot

Comment

My dog also has serious skin problem. He is allergic to chicken. Not only that, he is very thin-can even see the ribs at times. Thus, I gave dry food (fish) and add in steamed pork belly and milk everyday

Comment

Dry food and steam chicken breast for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Jess
                  My SO poor dog is allergic to lots of food(Will develop serious itch). Dry food, white & brown rice , wheat etc is removed from her diet 1 yr ago. So she is some sort of a vegetarian, only vegetables and fruits. Poor dog, slim down a lot
                  vegetarian?? my doggie dont like vegetable.. only meat and meat for her.. wonder if doggie take vege???

Comment

Originally posted by pinkneow
                    vegetarian?? my doggie dont like vegetable.. only meat and meat for her.. wonder if doggie take vege???
                    my dog will die if he needa eat only vege.why don't you try boiled lamb? my vet suggested i try lamb if my dog is easily allergic. it is a more expensive meat but at least they can have a more balance diet

Comment

My dog also has skin allergies.. Not sure allergic to what food cos he seems to be allergic to most stuff. Had put him on a vege diet (he loves vege) - ZEN diet is what his vet calls it.. And lots of allergy dried food too (no chicken, no fish etc), but nothing helped much.

Spent really like 1K on his skin problem on skin biospy, blood test etc and still cannot find the exact cause. Eliminate the common protein and carbohydrate sources commonly to cause allergies (eg chicken, fish too, and wheat etc)

Until the vet suggested this - Natural Balance Venison and Brown Rice dried food. Natural Balance has all these formulas for allergies by using novel portein and carbohydrate sources that are not commonly used in pet food. For example thsi Venison and Brown Rice , and another formula is Duck and Potatoes! We gave ours Venison and Brown Rice cos that's what the vet sugggested.. By the way, our vet is Dr Jean Paul Ly of Animal recovery Centre, reputed to be seeing the most problematic cases.. We hadn't been back for a follow-up since our dog started on this diet..

He has improved quite a bit, not 100% cured, but really much much better... This brand is not sold everywhere, but some shops do sell it, like Pets Lovers.. My trusty pet food supplier has it too at slightly cheaper and of cos delivers.. Anyone who wants the contacts can PM me..

Comment

My dog is fed with dry food- solid gold mixed with canned food- canine hill (recommended by the vet. )
                        Last time I used to feed my dog with food that is high in protein .. such as boiled chicken or Cesar mixed with dry food. Most of the time i will give her some snacks - dog treats too.

But after since the vet conducted blood test and liver test for her ...He discovered that her ALT is 150 U/L (high range), and the vet said that it may lead to liver problem if it remains in the high range.

Therefore, the vet recommend canine hill and gave my dog milk thistle cap.
                        After 2 weeks of consumption, my dog's ALT level is back to the normal range of 71 U/L.

i was so worried at that period~! and lucky it's over now. And my dog is now healthily fed with solid gold mixed with canine hill and I no longer fed her too much dog treats.

Comment

Hey Lynn99,
                          I also went to Jean paul at Animal Recovery Clinic. I went there for so many times and each time, he ask me to try different types of diet and nothing Seem to work

I even went to the textent of mopping the floor with vinegar as the vet thought that my dog may be allergic to detergent In the end, I stopped the consultation and went to another vet. He is now recovering and his skin is no longer red with spots :wow:

Comment

Originally posted by piggy
                            Hey Lynn99,
                            I also went to Jean paul at Animal Recovery Clinic. I went there for so many times and each time, he ask me to try different types of diet and nothing Seem to work

I even went to the textent of mopping the floor with vinegar as the vet thought that my dog may be allergic to detergent In the end, I stopped the consultation and went to another vet. He is now recovering and his skin is no longer red with spots :wow:
                            Hey Piggy,

Which vet did you go to? I did everything Dr Ly suggested, and nothing worked well.. But before we went to him we had alreday tried the vets at Mount Pleasant, and they were horrible, they said NOTHING was wrong with my darling, even though he was scratching and bitting himself and skin was so red and warm all the time! And some vets suggested lifelong medication on steriods which could be very bad for health in the long run... I was so frustrated with some of them!

My dog is a little better with the Natural balance diet, he is improving, but I think he is a little of a habitual bitter already, so we still put him on the E-collar when we are out. Once we are home and can monitor him, we let him take it off

Comment

both of my doggie are vegetarian cos they are allergic to meats(all kind). sounds weird right cos naturally dogs are carnivore. so i give fresh veggies and fruits and fruit flavoured biscuit for breakfast and snacks. as for lunch and dinner i give rice and imitation lamb and chicken meat i bought from supermarket.. both of them are very healty and stays young
                              believe it or not, many people thought my 6yrs olds are 2yrs old!!

Comment

Working...
                              X