DIY, Household Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY, Household Tips

My wedding band has grooves and I just realised to my utmost disgust, is that it smells. :puke: I guess it's because of the water residue + soap residue left in the grooves.

Anyone knows how to wash them properly? Colleague was suggesting that I send it back to the jeweler and get them to wash.

Originally posted by kare2711
    Your bags must love you lots! I change bags almost every day, and if that entails cleaning my bags every time after I use them, I doubt I'll change that often.
    wow, how can you keep up changing bags everyday!! i give you lots of credit.

i don't change my bags that often! i probably change my bag once or twice a month! i normally change bags depending on what i need to carry (so i change for different sizes only). if i have lots of junks to carry, then i'll change to a larger bag... or other than that, i would change if we have to go out to someplace fancy.

Comment

hi karen - you can buy DIY jewellery cleaning solution from jewellery shops. it comes in a plastic bottle (different types are available depending on jewellery) - approx. size of a coke can with a screw top and it has a white plastic "basket" with a tiny brush. what you do is to soak your jewellery in the solution for 20-30 secs. then use the brush provided to gently clean your jewellery. rinse your jewellery in cold water and wipe with a soft cloth. it will keep your ring clean and shining again !

you can also make a DIY cleaning solution - details can be found at the following URL:
      http://pages.tipking.com/make/jewellery_cleaner.shtml

i can check the brand of the cleaning solution i have at home and let you know tomorrow.

hths !

Comment

Re: Cleaning of jewelry

My wedding band has grooves and I just realised to my utmost disgust, is that it smells. :puke: I guess it's because of the water residue + soap residue left in the grooves.

Anyone knows how to wash them properly? Colleague was suggesting that I send it back to the jeweler and get them to wash.
        You can buy the jewellery cleanser from the jewellery stores. I got mine from TianPo previously. They are just like what j0s1e267 has described.

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
          hi karen - you can buy DIY jewellery cleaning solution from jewellery shops. it comes in a plastic bottle (different types are available depending on jewellery) - approx. size of a coke can with a screw top and it has a white plastic "basket" with a tiny brush. what you do is to soak your jewellery in the solution for 20-30 secs. then use the brush provided to gently clean your jewellery. rinse your jewellery in cold water and wipe with a soft cloth. it will keep your ring clean and shining again !

you can also make a DIY cleaning solution - details can be found at the following URL:
          http://pages.tipking.com/make/jewellery_cleaner.shtml

i can check the brand of the cleaning solution i have at home and let you know tomorrow.

hths !
          Thanks so much! I'll go enquire about the cleaning solution at the jeweler. I've never seen it before. I think what I need badly is a brush to remove the dirt from the grooves of the ring.

Comment

I just had to share a tip for INK STAINS on clothes: Never ever run them under water, soap anything like that. Here's what works (a marker leaked all over my favourite jeans and this works)

Use hairspray! Yep, just spray the stained area with hairspray (any cheapo type) and watch the stains dissolve. Sponge off with tissue. Maybe it's the alcohol, but I tried rubbing alcohol on my big wet inkspot and hairspray was muchmore effective

Wash after most of the stain's removed.

For delicate stuff, this works like a charm although it's uncommon. I once had a bad ink mark on my silk tank, and my mum taught me to pour milk on the area and soak.

It disappeared in a few hours!

Comment

hi karen, the brand of cleaner is call "Connoisseurs Jewellery Cleaner"

you can see a picture of it on this site - http://www.italtradesupplies.com/pulizia1.html

the one in red is for platinium, diamonds, white gold etc.,

HTHs !

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                hi karen, the brand of cleaner is call "Connoisseurs Jewellery Cleaner"

you can see a picture of it on this site - http://www.italtradesupplies.com/pulizia1.html

the one in red is for platinium, diamonds, white gold etc.,

HTHs !
                That definitely is very helpful. Thanks! The Sonic Jewelry Bath looks just the thing for me I have something similar to the Silver Jewelry Liquid but it's from another brand. They even have a Pearl Cleaner!

I'll try to look for these in Singapore, but I doubt I'll have much luck :bestwish

Comment

That definitely is very helpful. Thanks! The Sonic Jewelry Bath looks just the thing for me I have something similar to the Silver Jewelry Liquid but it's from another brand. They even have a Pearl Cleaner!

I'll try to look for these in Singapore, but I doubt I'll have much luck :bestwish
                  karen, you should be able to find it in sgp cos that's where i got mine - from my jewellery

Comment

HELP!!! Clothing stains from the colour running

So I was lazy and tossed in a bunch of blue clothes with my pastels... and now a favourite U2 wmn blouse that I've only worn ONCE (and was the last piece at the U2 sale!!!!) has blue blotches all over. Same with a pink t-shirt I bought from Warehouse. Sent it to the professional launderers who were absolutely no help. Tried Kiwi Pre-Wash Stain Remover and handwashed, also no help. Any lovely cotters have a solution for me? I'm heartbroken over my U2 blouse :'(

TIA

Comment

any tips for sweat stain on men's shirt collar ??? or rather, how do you clean your bf/hubby's shirt collars ?? TIA !

Comment

Originally posted by Katrina
                        any tips for sweat stain on men's shirt collar ??? or rather, how do you clean your bf/hubby's shirt collars ?? TIA !
                        before i dump my hubby shirts into the washing machine, i apply abit of dynamo on the sweat stain on each n every shirt collar. It seems to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrina
                          I applied dishwashing detergent directly on the stains. Let it sit for 1 hour and throw into the washing machine to wash with the other clothes. Work for me.

Comment

I spray Bluebell Stain Remover on those stains before dumping the shirt into the washing machine will all the other laundry. This stain remover is quite effective for other stains too

Comment

the stain remover really very effective? i just stained a white blouse yesterday n the worst thing is i do not know what stain is that...brownish colour. I handwashed immediately after i reached home but the stain still there.

you can find this stain remover at NTUC? how much is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X