Home cleaning company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home cleaning company

Hi, can anyone recommend a good home cleaning company eg Ah Ma on wheels etc? I have never engage such a service but would like to get someone to do a one time spring cleaning for our home. So, any kind of input regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

These companies usually charge a fee of $200-$350 for what they call 'spring cleaning'. On the other hand, you have those per-hour cleaners that charges $10-$12 per hour (including transport). For most homes (flats/condos), it takes a max of 4-5 hours for a good and experienced cleaner to clean up every corner/window/crevice, which means to say, you'll only need to pay max $60 to have your home spring-cleaned. And we're talking about 5 hours if your home has not been cleaned/maintained for a long time. My apartment is the size of a 3-4 room flat, and it usually takes only 3 hours for my parttime cleaner to clean it up: kitchen, all appliances, floors, toilets, both rooms, furniture, fans, windows, everything.

Comment

I'm using FirstCare agency's service. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 chinchillas, and 1 parrot, so the house is always kinda messy, alot of hair shredding. The lady they sent over had been with me for 5mths already, and she is very good. Very fast at her work. She vaccums and mop the apartment (2 storeys), clean all the furniture, clean 3 bathrooms, all in 4 hrs. Very nice lady and experienced, so no complaint from me at all. I don;t know what I am gonna do without her

naughtygirl, whichever agency you decided to go to, tell them you want someone who is experienced. HTH

Comment

Re: Home cleaning company

Originally posted by naughtygirl
        would like to get someone to do a one time spring cleaning for our home.
        I think 1-time spring cleaning is charged at a premium, since it's a 1-off thing. However, if you can, ahem, "borrow" someone's PT help for just 1 slot (I understand that most of the good ones have full schedules or simply aren't interested in 1-off assignments compared to regular weekly or whatever schedule)? Some of them also have a preference in location.

Comment

Try this. Set up by my secondary schoolmates, all young budding entrepreneurs.

http://www.comfyhomes.biz/main.htm.

They hire part-timers and from what I heard from my friends, they include 'insurance' for your houseware. Something like that just in case the cleaners break your houseware or something. Not sure if they still differentiate themselves in this manner. Maybe you can call up and check?

Comment

Hi girls, thank you so much for your information. Very helpful. Now, I know who I can go to and what to look for/expect. Thank you all once again

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
              Hi girls, thank you so much for your information. Very helpful. Now, I know who I can go to and what to look for/expect. Thank you all once again

"rent" ur friend(s) maid for a one time spring cleaning?

or... have a shared deal....

Comment

I receive a flyer from www.homecentral.com.sg

yet to try, but am considering getting such services as my place is really getting dirty nowadays.
                with hubby and myself busy with work, housework esp vacuuming/mopping and ironing is the last thing i want to do on weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                  On the other hand, you have those per-hour cleaners that charges $10-$12 per hour (including transport). For most homes (flats/condos), it takes a max of 4-5 hours for a good and experienced cleaner to clean up every corner/window/crevice, which means to say, you'll only need to pay max $60 to have your home spring-cleaned. And we're talking about 5 hours if your home has not been cleaned/maintained for a long time. My apartment is the size of a 3-4 room flat, and it usually takes only 3 hours for my parttime cleaner to clean it up: kitchen, all appliances, floors, toilets, both rooms, furniture, fans, windows, everything.
                  Hi mango,

Does the partime cleaner go to your place to clean up every week or is it a one-off spring clean? The partime cleaner you mentioned seems really good. Which company is she from? Possible to reveal her contact number? My home is in pretty bad shape and I need help

Comment

Originally posted by Iveleen
                    Hi mango,

Does the partime cleaner go to your place to clean up every week or is it a one-off spring clean? The partime cleaner you mentioned seems really good. Which company is she from? Possible to reveal her contact number? My home is in pretty bad shape and I need help
                    My cleaner comes in weekly or fortnightly depending on our schedules. I got her half a year ago, cant remember the agency name, sorry. From what I know, she is already all filled up and unable to take on new cleaning assigments. Alot of agencies these days offer free replacements until you're satisfied with your cleaner, so you shouldnt have any problems looking for someone suitable. HTHs.

Comment

Hi, I'm using a part timer who comes in once a week for 4 hours. The agency is http://www.mrs-sparkles.com.sg/

You'll find the rates and services they offer.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with my part timer. I think most of their workers are from China, so hope you can speak Mandarin. For me, I'm terrible at it so it's like chicken & duck talk when I converse with her. So need my hubby to translate sometimes.

Comment

Hi mogmick,
                        thanks for the recommendation. will call them up tomorrow.

Hi mango,
                        its ok, no worries. i'm sure i'll find one soon.

Looking forward to a cleaner home

Comment

Mogmick, thanks for the link. Just nice...when I need someone to help us take away some stress.

By the way, noticed you only have 10 days to go before birthing!!!

Comment

I've just started using for 1 mth the contact which my girlfriend has been using for a few years. 3-rm flat, 2hrs weekly (she does free OT of her own volition... the 2 hrs quote was given by herself, not me).

1. Wipe all surfaces
                            2. Wash dog bowls, change her water and papers (she offered to bathe my dog but we'd take that up only after baby is born)
                            3. Wash toilet bowl, basins, sinks
                            4. Mild washing of toilet floors (flat upgrading soon so I didn't want her to scrub my soon-to-change wall/ floor tiles but we'd add that on after tiles are changed)
                            5. Mop whole floor twice (I prefer her not to use my floor wipes, and hate vacuum noise, so she uses my roman mop which picks up dog hair/ dust well, then goes over with clean water a 2nd time)
                            6. Change bedlinen (every 2 wks or so)
                            7. Iron clothes (this is the time-consuming part, I find)

Delighted with her cos it would have taken far longer for us to do-it-ourselves and much more stressful. But still feel the cost-pinch cos I'm not used to the cost aspect yet haha. Also, my dog sheds hair constantly so 3 days after cleaning, the floor has new dog hair again- well, when I'm more mobile I can do in-between maintenance with my floor wipes.

Comment

Mel, where did you get yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X