Washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine

There's a new mini washing machine that washes all the delicate lingerine! Cost just under $300, can fit in 5 bras and several pairs of underwear. Supposed to be really gentle and yet cleans really well. No more hand-washing of delicate pieces.

Any pics??

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
      Any pics??
      It looks like a huge egg!

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
        There's a new mini washing machine that washes all the delicate lingerine! Cost just under $300, can fit in 5 bras and several pairs of underwear. Supposed to be really gentle and yet cleans really well. No more hand-washing of delicate pieces.
        Is this available in Singapore already? If yes, where can I buy this?

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
          Is this available in Singapore already? If yes, where can I buy this?
          I've seen it at Tangs

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
            I've seen it at Tangs
            Awesome. Thanks, keiko.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
              It looks like a huge egg!
              Come to think of it, I did see it in TV

Comment

Portable washing machine

Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a portable washing machine, you know the type that is egg-shaped. Think it costs about S$190.

Was just wondering if any of you have bought it specially to wash your baby nappies / clothes. Is it really useful?

Since I'm planning to use the special washing powder for baby clothes, I'm not sure if the usual big washing machine would be too big for a small load. I notice some of the baby washing powder / liquid is meant only for handwash or top loading machine, and I currently have a side loading one.

Happy to hear from anyone who's bought the portable washer

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any info with regards to portable washing machine.

But, my view is that instead of accumulating baby's washing, it might be easier to wash them on a daily basis. Their clothing are so tiny and probably not that tough to wash a few pieces of something by hand each day. But of course, you may be using cloth diapers or referring to cot sheets etc which is why you prefer to use a washing machine instead.

My washing machine can detect the load of clothes and adjust the use of water base on the load (water saving function). Maybe you can to check if yours has it too. Cos in this case you won't have to worry about wasting water.

Comment

From what I understand, the egg-shaped one is meant for washing delicates, meaning that its suitable for only very light washing and delicate materials that are not very soiled (ie, lingerie). I believe you'll need more heavy-duty washing for items like diapers or cribsheets (taking into consideration that sometimes there are urine/puke stains on cribsheets) so that the dirt/bacteria/etc can be washed off throughly. As for baby clothing, I'll be using my regular clothing detergent (liquid persil) in my regular washing machine (which is front load) I've not seen any side-load machines (its a new one?) before so can't advise accordingly. My washer also comes with water-saving function like Tanya's (the weight detector will gauge the amount of water needed for each load). And I'll be using solely disposable diapers from day one, so that's a load off my mind about how to get nappies 100% clean.
                    Last edited by mango; 19-07-2004, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I was considering it because it can wash baby clothing separately, is small and all that, but cons of finding a place for it, plus must plug it in and maintain...

in the end I decided I can just use half-load on my usual washer, wash baby clothes separate load from ours, use a netting bag to protect delicates.

Mine is a front-loader, I think you can find baby detergents that suit front loads? Furthermore, mine a washer-cum-dryer, no need to unload wet laundry before using the dryer haha. (Me lazy person)

Comment

Hey mango, you really using your regular detergent? Me no experience but heard that baby's skin is very sensitive and regular detergent can to be harsh to their skin (eg cause rashes etc).

I also checked with my sis about the bumpers and she said they should be wash as well. I have no idea how to do it, I wonder I will spoil them instead? Anyway, I brought winnie the pooh bumpers cos I giveup looking for my dream bumpers. I'm still thinking for my next bumper set, I'll get someone to sew them for me.

Comment

The bumpers and blanket I got looks like smaller sets of comforters, which my mum says are perfectly fine in the washer.

Comment

At first I did thought of getting special baby detergent, but then I heard from my friends (who are already mums to their tods) that they all used special detergent for first kid and second kid onwards they didn't, and it made no difference. I also heard that the Pigeon baby laudry detergent makes clothes very stiff (not sure why) and some babies don't like it. So I thought never mind l.a., I'll just use regular detergent (since its meant to be rinsed off anyway) and make sure I don't use more than I need and I'll always use the extra rinse function and hot water when washing baby items. But I'll get a good baby bath/shampoo instead of regular grocery store brand when bathing my baby.

Rdg bumpers- my friends said you can wash the bumper in the washing machine (?!) but I'm really not sure about this cause I took out the bumper to take a look and they are so long, how to stuff all into washer and wash effectively?? :huh:
                            How much did you pay for your winnie e pooh bumper? Only bumper or a set of bedding?

Comment

Saw this at Ig's Heaven at Citylink

Comment

Working...
                              X